Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Off Topic (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/off-topic-9/)
-   -   Sorry To Have Disturbed You... (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/off-topic-9/sorry-have-disturbed-you-5754/)

Delta Flyer 02-01-2006 10:10 PM

Sorry To Have Disturbed You...

It was not quite picture perfect, but close.

Got another shot of someone reclined in his driver's seat like he is already at home in his recliner, apparently believing himself to be "God's Gift" (or higher :rolleyes: ) I was about to ask him what it is about a Ford F-350 that has this effect, but when he saw my camera, it disturbed his moment of being lord of all. Note he has enough room to wear his hat - Ford designed it that way. Unfortunately the mirror hides his right wrist is clear past the steering wheel. I wanted a better view so all of us could learn that's all it takes to have perfect control of a vehicle in bumper-to-bumper rush hour traffic. I doubt he is concerned about "America's Oil Addiction" Pres Bush mentioned last night...

I doubt he would have done road rage - my hybrid batteries would have exploded if he rammed me. :P

http://www.spencerthelion.com/images/fullofit09.jpg

Clubford00 02-01-2006 10:13 PM

Re: Sorry To Have Disturbed You...

This Particular picture doesnt look too bad to me, looks like he can see through the windshield just fine. But i have a question, your so worried about the others, how were you snapping this picture and being, "In control and paying attention " yourself?. just curious

Delta Flyer 02-01-2006 10:33 PM

While your at it, send an e-mail to to ABC about send the likes of anchorman Bob Woodruff into a war zone, or cry crocadille tears over the safety of the photographer that shot the picture of the 10yr old Vietnamese girl burned by napalm. No, I'm not saying I'm of their caliber at all - just illustrating what's out there in the real world.

I won't spend the time I did the last time describing the camera was ready to go and it took five seconds, etc., etc. (it seemed you were on that thread....) It really touches me that you are sooo concerned about my safety - so much that my momentary distraction bothers you more than the guys strutting in their giant vehicles controling them with only a single forearm on the steering wheel. BTW, they do this the entire commute - not just a few seconds.

I see right through this "Sympathy for the Devil' number....you've kind of lost the point I spoiled they guy's ego trip. Monster vehicle sales would dive if this pathetic flaunting of manhood got the embarrassment it deserved. Then we wouldn't have that much to say about gas guzzlers...

Clubford00 02-01-2006 11:06 PM

Chuck, bud, chill a little , gees. im on the road 200 miles a day i see all kinds of stuff too, all im saying is we are all doing our part by driving what were driving. We're not going to change those poeple. So dont worry so much about them or trying to hurt their ego. Just because they drive big gas guzzlers doesnt mean they are bad people, i drive a van on the weekends to pull my racecar to the track and have a little fun. am i a horrible person for it? i think not. And one more thing, just because you believe a certain way doesnt make it the perfect way. So i wouldnt judge. we are all human, and we are all sinners !

ralph_dog 02-02-2006 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
It was not quite picture perfect, but close.

Got another shot of someone reclined in his driver's seat like he is already at home in his recliner, apparently believing himself to be "God's Gift" (or higher :rolleyes: ) I was about to ask him what it is about a Ford F-350 that has this effect, but when he saw my camera, it disturbed his moment of being lord of all. Note he has enough room to wear his hat - Ford designed it that I doubt he would have done road rage - my hybrid batteries would have exploded if he rammed me. :P

Looks like he has a Stroh's in his left hand.??? This guy looks a lot like the guy in one of your previous pic's except for the 10 gallon hat??:) Was that F350 all "riced" up or was it stock?? Only off road it probably sees is the parking lot of your local flavored ethanol distribution center...:omg:

Delta Flyer 02-02-2006 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Clubford00
Chuck, bud, chill a little , gees. im on the road 200 miles a day i see all kinds of stuff too, all im saying is we are all doing our part by driving what were driving. We're not going to change those poeple. So dont worry so much about them or trying to hurt their ego. Just because they drive big gas guzzlers doesnt mean they are bad people, i drive a van on the weekends to pull my racecar to the track and have a little fun. am i a horrible person for it? i think not. And one more thing, just because you believe a certain way doesnt make it the perfect way. So i wouldnt judge. we are all human, and we are all sinners !

Clubford00,

You can start by not projecting yourself on the duffus in the picture and your anger on me. My blood pressure did not rise out of my exercise - it's better than when I fumed about they are thinking they are the High and Mighty. To imply I think myself anywhere remotely perfect indicates you don't read my posts even of the last two days. We do a lot of things in life and on the road, but egotism rubs me the wrong way.

Yes, we can all make like Gandhi and let the guys race around in the monster vehicles with the environmental, economic, road safety, other impact that goes with it. Just have faith that Detroit and Washington, etc will deal with the issues when they snowball into a crisis - great formula for problem resolution.

Oh, and your pontification - do you think the President would declare America addicted to Oil if guys like the one pictured were wrapped up in their ego?

{Plays Sympathy for The Devil....}

laurie 02-02-2006 05:56 AM

the guy in the photo, like many others, may be perfectly free to drive what they like, how they like, but it doesn't change the fact that he and many others have their heads in the sand about the energy problem, not only in this country, but the world. we seem to be hell bent for leather to use it all up with no concern about the cost to our standard of living. the fact that our administration is now pretending to do something about it shows the lack of concern that's out there.

sure, drive a big truck. but is it necessary to drive 10-15 over the speed limit, to roar up on someone's bumper and do a lightening fast lane change and then charge by with pipe's blatting? just because you own a large vehicle doesn't make you the one in charge of who drives slower than you, and we don't appreciate the better than thou attitude that style of driving imparts.

i know from talking to some people at work who do this, that a lot of that driving style is caused by drivers not wanting the bother of having to shut off their cruise control long enough to safely go around someone. i can remember the days before cruise was standard. it was introduced basically to allow for more relaxed long highway drives. it was not designed for driving in crowded driving conditions where, heaven forbid, you might have to go around someone. and where one might need a little personal control over their vehicle.

as for snapping a quick shot while driving, how does this rate as more dangerous as the person i followed who was holding his cell phone on his shoulder and driving with his knees while he lit a cigarette?

Clubford00 02-02-2006 06:42 AM

Chuck, i wasnt projecting anything, especially any "Anger" on anyone. just bringing some points out. We drive hybrids because we care about the delicate balance in which we live. Goofs in trucks are gonna be goofs no matter what. And unfortunately, trucks are needed in this worl for hauling stuff. For all we know this particular goof was a farmer and needs his truck to get syplies to his farm to feed this cows, that I eat. last time i had to put a few bailes of hay in my prius it was a *****. LOL anyway i was just bringing out a couple points, not mad at anyone at all. And laurie as you can clearly see Chuck and i are on the road a ton, makeup and cell phones are the least of what i see on the road. Some stuff would curl your hair !. Sorry if its naturally curly. ;)

Delta Flyer 02-02-2006 06:53 AM

He was an "urban cowboy" just off the Bush Tollway - their population far exceeds real farmers, landscapers, and ranchers (that actually use F-350s) over the last 15 years.

OMG - I realize that picture was doing the same thing that Danish newspaper was doing this week. It's against the religion of some to photogragh The High and Mighty....

Hot_Georgia_2004 02-02-2006 10:39 AM

I for one enjoyed the photo.
Not so much for his vehicle....I do believe people should be free to buy what ever they want and can afford....But I also thought he had a beer in his hand.

Pehaps I just like to see candid photos of "Interesting" people in their natural habitat.
Candid Camera.

But I paticularly DON'T like the F-350 trucks.
Why?
Ever stop at a light with one in the lane just to the Left of you?
If your window is down you'll get a face full of stinging diesel fumes as it's pumped out of that 3 inch pipe.:angry: