2008 Camry Hybrid (new) Features

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 10:09 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default 2008 Camry Hybrid (new) Features

Now.. technically they are carryover models from 2007 (with the US models getting a new base model).

However, on Toyota Canada's site, two new features stood out. Now this is assuming that the site is correct. I've yet to see the 2008 Camry brochure. The two new features are:

JBL Synthesis Audio and dual-stage heated front seats.

Wait a minute, it already has a JBL audio system! Yes, but for those of you who aren't familiar with the naming, the keyword is "Synthesis". This means that it's JBL's surround sound system (same one found in the Sienna and Avalon). If so, that would be cool!

The second item (again if it's true) is a long time coming. Even Hyundai has two-stage heated seats! Basically, instead of on/off, there's "LO" and "HI" for the heated front seats.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2008 Camry Hybrid (new) Features

Given the number of mistakes I've found in the manual(s) I'd say the odds of it being a typo is pretty good

Old 08-13-2007, 11:15 PM

It's possible. There were two typos on the 2005 Prius online Features page. But, here's hoping for the best! (esp. the heated front seats.. that feature is waaaay overdue... just like the telescoping feature for the steering wheel, although that's been fixed)

Old 08-14-2007, 03:49 AM
Enthusiast

I have seen another difference. 2008 TCH has full size spare tire.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:09 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by desi12345
I have seen another difference. 2008 TCH has full size spare tire.
Unless they've changed the trunk size, I don't know where they'd put it. I'm suspecting that's an error.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by rmorrow
Unless they've changed the trunk size, I don't know where they'd put it. I'm suspecting that's an error.
They don't have to. It should be the same as the regular Camrys (the part below the trunk, not the trunk itself obviously). My guess was a temporary spare saved weight over a full-size (even though it's a steelie).

Old 08-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by rmorrow
Isn't a compact space the same diameter as a full size? Just narrower? So they just have to make the spare's well a few inches deeper.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Tideland and Schmidtj,

You are both right. I wasn't thinking before writing. I suspect the well is already deep enough for a full size (although now I'm going to have to measure it, just to satisfy myself).

Old 08-14-2007, 03:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

Even if they put in a full size spare, it doesn't mean it will be a matching alloy wheel. Many cars with full size spares and alloy wheels still use a steel spare.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by schmidtj
Isn't a compact space the same diameter as a full size? Just narrower? So they just have to make the spare's well a few inches deeper.
rim, yes. Wheel, no. The diameter of the wheel is smaller than a fullsize spare even though the rim size is the same.

Quick Reply: 2008 Camry Hybrid (new) Features

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands