700 Milers.. OK, How are you doing it?? :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Hybrid Heaven!
Default Re: 700 Milers.. OK, How are you doing it?? :)

I really don't know how that much gas got in there. On my 737-mile tank, I filled it up with 18.2 gallons. I don't think the manual is as accurate as the gas pump (pure safety reasons I'm sure ;-) ). I knew I'd have to save that receipt in order for people to believe it. I was stunned standing there filling up with so much fuel. This car is amazing to say the least.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:34 PM
Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: 700 Milers.. OK, How are you doing it?? :)

Originally Posted by DSAN79
I'll tell you what...I hit 748 miles two tanks ago, and when I refilled, I put in 19.2 gallons of gas. ... I heard that the record for highest miles on a tank was 757 or so. I am pretty sure with my driving technique, I can surpass that number. Granted, if you have a lead foot, don't try to set any records. I am very conservative, so I stretch my miles accordingly.

-D

The record is >800 miles. LOL TCH has reported on the database a number of tanks in excess of 800 miles.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Not for me. My wife had brainwashed me into never let the tank get below 1/4 tank. She never lets her Ranger pickup get below a half tank.

I'm not believing these high gas prices. Tonight around town I saw $3.35 and $3.49 for regular.

Old 04-18-2008, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by rburt07
...I'm not believing these high gas prices...
A billion, or so, residents of China and India exchanging their bicycles (and yaks) for automobiles will do that every time!
The good news (I think high gas prices are a good thing, since it lets the free market act the way it is supposed to) is that it will encourage exploration for new sources or energy, development of alternative fuels and spur consumers to conserve and economize (such as driving less, car pooling and purchasing fuel efficient automobiles).
Europeans are accustomed to higher prices than we are, and they've managed nicely.
Gas price inflation still lags behind bottled water (people used to drink it for free), can of cola or a cup of coffee (not too long ago both used to be a nickle) or the cost of watching television (it used to be free).
Supply and demand at it's best!

Old 04-18-2008, 07:00 AM
Enthusiast

I guess I will never know how far I could go...I average 40 MPG or over on about every trip I make these days (according to the car calculations not my own) but I just don't ever want to risk running out of gas. I won't ever be able to stand letting more than 20 miles or so go by after the gas light is on...it would drive me insane.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:05 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

As long as you pay attention to your FE and miles driven there's no reason you should need to worry too much about running out. The 07 (at least) has a 17ish gallon tank. If you divide your miles since fill-up by the FE (you should estimate say 2 mpg lower than what the MFD says, generally), you see how many gallons you've used. If you overestimate gas used that way and your car isn't completely out of whack, you should certainly be able to get to 16 gallons by calculation and still be safe. Anyone who runs out of gas just wasn't careful enough, didn't give enough of a safety margin, or just pushed too far.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by haroldo
...The good news... is that it will ....spur consumers to conserve and economize (such as driving less)...
Wow!
What I said is happening!
04/18 DJ New Jersey Transit Use Up Amid Soaring Gasoline Prices
NEPTUNE, N.J. (AP)--New Jersey Transit ridership has reached record levels as gasoline prices rise and people rethink their travel choices.
The transit agency posted a record-second quarter this year, with 65.1 million passenger trips, or an average of 898,400 passenger trips each weekday.
The agency also reports more people are using mass transit on weekends as well, with 702,150 trips on average.
NJ Transit Executive Director Richard Sarles told the Asbury Park Press that besides high gas prices, new train stations and upgraded equipment contributed to the increase in ridership.
Information from: Asbury Park Press, http://www.app.com

(END) Dow Jones Newswires
04-18-08 1124ET
Copyright (c) 2008 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.- - 11 24 AM EDT 04-18-08

Old 04-18-2008, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by haroldo
Wow!
What I said is happening!
I feel bad for folks who do not live in an area with public transportation and whose jobs moved without it being their choice.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
I feel bad for folks who do not live in an area with public transportation ....
http://www.erideshare.com/

Old 04-18-2008, 09:12 AM
Enthusiast

South FL has horrible Public transportation. I cold use the bus system if I wanted my one hour commute to take over 2 hours. Um, no thank you. When ever I visit my friends in New York I am jealous that they don't have to have cars at all.

Quick Reply: 700 Milers.. OK, How are you doing it?? :)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands