Age of Current TCH Owners ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 11:38 AM
mak
Banned
Default Re: Age of Current TCH Owners ?

Originally Posted by Lilarienne
We aren't TCH owners yet, but we will be soon (we hope before Sept. 30). I'm 32 and my husband is 29.
funny my GF is 28 I'm 25

Congrats are you guys going base or loaded?

Old 06-07-2006, 12:19 PM
WVGasGuy

Sorry, Old guy here. I'm 52 and this is the first "cheap" car I've bought in a while. I laugh when I say that because on the Edmunds sites they gave me a hard time (not rational thinking) for trading an Infiniti FX45 for the TCH. I've decided to "step out" and quit buying cars so often (well over 35 to date) and pick something economical to drive. I was estatic when they announced the Camry as I had already decided I wanted an economy car and was not able to "pull the trigger" on a small car. After putting it off for months, they announce the TCH and I jumped. I got a loaded Titanium one ($30,589 MSRP) on 5/5/06 with a $589 discount, a $2600 Federal Tax Credit and a $3750 State tax credit. I'll have less than $24,000 in this. Heck I've had cars depreciate more than that. This can't be as dumb of a decision as the GM folks try to tell me it is on Edmunds.com forums.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Brian5499

GM and their fanboys are just upset and jealous b/c they are going to miss the boat on the market share.

With all of the tax credits and perks for buying a hybrid, anyone and everyone will jump onboard to either honda/toyota and by the time GM finally gets in the game all of the tax breaks and perks will drop off...and GM will be looking for the next big technology to be one step behind of.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Mr. 38 over here. I hate buying cars. They're expensive, stressful, and the more expensive it is to buy, the more expensive it will be to insure. For me, it's a mode of transportation. The TCH does everything I want: safe, fuel effecient, durable (I hope!), comfortable and a very convenient way of transporting my family of four. My two kids are in boosters, so they can see out the windows and reach their personal reading lights, and they love the moon roof (first car I've owned with one.)

Look at the car: it's really cool. Far cooler than I am.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by mak
funny my GF is 28 I'm 25

Congrats are you guys going base or loaded?

We're getting a base model. I am very, very fair skinned, so I don't do moonroofs, except for actually looking at the moon. The NAV system hasn't gotten such spectacular reviews and if I really must have it I can do something after market. And, leather interior... I just can't imagine a toddler with a leather interior (our son is 22 months), BUT I am now being told by various people that leather is better than fabric... oh well...

Old 06-07-2006, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lilarienne

We're getting a base model. I am very, very fair skinned, so I don't do moonroofs, except for actually looking at the moon. The NAV system hasn't gotten such spectacular reviews and if I really must have it I can do something after market. And, leather interior... I just can't imagine a toddler with a leather interior (our son is 22 months), BUT I am now being told by various people that leather is better than fabric... oh well...
We have friends with a leather Honda Oddesey and a wee one. It's very easy to keep clean. My daugheter walked through an old fire, then jumped into our new (50 miles!) TCH and got ash ground into the fabric seats in the back. Argh! 50 miles! Anyway, it did clean up (thank goodness.)

Old 06-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Soon to be owner here (I hope) - and I am 33, but I will be 34 if I don't get mine before the tax credit gets cut in half! My wife is 35 (her car is a loaded 05 Honda Accord coupe with Nav) and we have no kids...

I am waiting (rather impatiently) for a fully loaded Magnetic Gray (with Nav)...

I hate buying vehicles as well, but I think it is worth the pain at this time.

Old 06-07-2006, 04:51 PM
Camry Hybrid Owner
Question Re: Age of Current TCH Owners ?

I'm 43 and picking up my TCH Saturday.
How do the tax breaks work?
Do you get any paperwork from the dealer for that?

Thanks for the info!
Steve

Originally Posted by BJM5499
I'm 25 and If I were given the chance to go back in time I would do the same thing. Buy a Toyota Camry Hybrid

As jhfarr said, these cars just make sense when it comes down to savings over time. Toyota cars are really known for their reliability and resale value, and when you buy a hybrid model of the worlds best selling car, you know if you NEED to sell it later on down the road you're going to get a premium for it, unless you treat it like crap.

The money you will be saving in taxes well makes up for buying the car, especially when you buy right NOW. I will get 2600 back from the fed for buying this car and as long as the ohio bill passes I will get an extra 2000 state tax money back. When you combine that money (since its a CREDIT, not a deduction, which is wonderful ) I can pretty much take 4600 off of the overall cost of the car, which brings this car down to about what the base model camrys cost.

Depending on how you drive, and what vehicle you had previously, the TCH could save you between 3-5,000 dollars in gasoline alone(over about a 6 year time).

Anyone that wants or needs another car that has done some thinking and working numbers should know. This is a GREAT time to buy a TCH. That's why the dealers are trying to jack up these cars over msrp.

I'm not saying that this should be the main reason to buy one. I love the features and looks of the car, and the quality is definitely superior when compared to similar priced brands/models. The cash savings should just be an added "perk".

Just my 2 cents.
Brian

Old 06-07-2006, 05:20 PM
mak
Banned

Originally Posted by JasperPearl

Thanks for the info!
Steve
Here ya go:

Tax Credit

Old 06-07-2006, 05:34 PM
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Originally Posted by JasperPearl

Thanks for the info!
Steve
Here is a much better IRS link explaining the tax credit program:
http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...157632,00.html

And you won't get anything from the dealer. Just keep whatever doc you have that shows what date you took delivery of the car. That is the key to the tax credit.

P.S> the tax credit doesn't apply if you lease. You must purchase the car in your own name. It is OK to pay with a loan.

Last edited by TKCamry; 06-07-2006 at 05:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Age of Current TCH Owners ?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands