Bluetooth speaker problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 09:34 AM
Enthusiast
Default Bluetooth speaker problem

My wife used the TCH last night and suddenly, this morning, I can't hear the bluetooth speaker in the car. (It worked fine on Sunday). The regular stereo and sattelite radio works fine. Also, the TCH can hear my prompts when I ask it to dial a number or whatever.

Does anyone have an idea as to what could have happened, or more importantly, how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Old 01-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Bluetooth speaker problem

Have you tried to adjust the volume while using bluetooth? Try making a call to your wife using the bluetooth in your car and while she is talking try turning the volume up using the volume control on your steering wheel. If I'm not mistaken you can adjust the volume that way. If you have Nav you may also be able to adjust the volume in one of the menu's...Other than that I would say take it to the dealer. If there is something wrong it should be covered under warranty.

Old 01-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Enthusiast

It happens to me all the time with a Motorola Razr phone. I accidentally hit one of the buttons on the side that control the volume on the phone. The feature (bug) is that you can't turn the volume up until you call someone or someone calls you. This is a phone issue for me, not a bluetooth issue.

Old 01-24-2007, 06:27 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Did you get the bluetooth issue worked out?

Old 01-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Enthusiast

The issue "fixed itself" somehow. It may have been something on my end because I remember that I turned on the phone in the middle of the drive. Maybe that had something to do with it.

After reading the manuel, I did find how to adjust the volume for the guidance voice. So I at least learned something...

Old 01-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by bakerx3
The issue "fixed itself" somehow. It may have been something on my end because I remember that I turned on the phone in the middle of the drive. Maybe that had something to do with it.

After reading the manuel, I did find how to adjust the volume for the guidance voice. So I at least learned something...
If you have the NAV I found at least several places to change various volume settings.
NAV Announcements Volume
Phone Voice Volume
Phone Ring Volume
There may be more.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Enthusiast

Over the past three weeks, the bluetooth volume on the phone has gone out. Initially, I thought it was a Motorola Razr volume issue. However, I've noticed that this happens when the AM mode goes silent during switching from FM1-FM2-CD-AUX-AM. If the AM mode goes silent, the bluetooth goes silent as well. It's not related to the Razr volume.

Normally, the AM sound comes back by cycling through the modes again. The bluetooth volume does not come back.

I happened to have the AM silent-mode occur while driving to the dealer to have another issue looked at. I showed him the AM silent-mode problem. He said he'd never seen that one before and that he wouldn't just order a new radio unless he knew that would fix the problem. Now, I can add a bluetooth handsfree safety issue...we'll see how long it takes to fix.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Enthusiast

Good News! There is a TSB dealing with the bluetooth speaker and AM silent mode issue.

The dealer was somewhat argumentative when I re-told him of the re-curring issue today. He tried to say that AM radios are not that good and that bluetooth signals can cut out, and that he'd have to see it. The TSB evidently only deals with the AM mode being silent (speaker issue) and might not address the bluetooth speaker problem. However, I know that if the AM mode goes silent, you can't hear anything on the bluetooth.

Dealer ordered a new radio.

Old 05-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Enthusiast

Got my new radio installed last Friday. On Saturday, the AM mode went silent again...as well as the bluetooth.

If the TSB said to replace the radio, it ain't workin'.

Back to the dealer we go...

Old 05-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Technologist

I have a Moto Razr too, and I've also experienced the problem of no Bluetooth sound - although I had never noticed what may have caused it. Nothing brought sound back except turning the car off, then on again, and reconnecting the phone. This occurred on a long trip while on a highway, and I didn't want to stop - so it was very annoying.

Is it a bug in the phone or the car?

Cheers, Andy

Quick Reply: Bluetooth speaker problem

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands