Bluetooth speaker problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Bluetooth speaker problem

It is a bug in the car, but Toyota/JBL haven't figured out how to fix it.
Many others have this same problem. I don't know about you, but I didn't pay $30k for a bug that won't allow me to use the handsfree system. Maybe a class action suit will get a solution. http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...hreadid=164059

Old 05-28-2007, 08:19 AM
HSD Organic Interface
Default Re: Bluetooth speaker problem

Originally Posted by misbe
It is a bug in the car, but Toyota/JBL haven't figured out how to fix it.
Many others have this same problem. I don't know about you, but I didn't pay $30k for a bug that won't allow me to use the handsfree system. Maybe a class action suit will get a solution. http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...hreadid=164059
I wonder if the dealer was careful enough to order an updated radio vs a regular replacement radio. I would think they have different part numbers.

Also, it would not surprise me if this issue took a couple of tries to fix. If it's just a case of updating the radio's firmware then it might be easy, but it could be the result of poor design on the hardware. Maybe this TSB is a first attempt at reworking the firmware to get around the hardware issue. Maybe they will have to do a bit of hardware redesign for a longer term fix.

I have had the AM-silent issue a few times but only once has my BT failed and that was because my phone crashed. I remember my early 04 Sienna had a TSB on the transmission ECU program. It took them 2 or 3 updates before the TSB was considered a solution (as it turns out, software for the 2005 model year).

Since it hasn't been a big issue for me, I'll probably sit and wait for a bit and see how things go, get the final version (if they end up with more updates) and go thru the hassle just once. Conceivably they might have a better solution by the time the 2008 models start rolling and would not surprise me if this was their real target, and the current TSB is their "beta" fix.