Integrated SIRIUS Install w/NAV Now Available!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 03:15 AM
Enthusiast
Default Integrated SIRIUS Install w/NAV Now Available!

Having traded-in my last car with integrated SIRIUS, I was eager to get it back. My dealers here (Virginia) said the part hadn't been released yet, and that I could only get XM. I chose to wait.

A trip to my dealership yesterday left me with (hopefully!) good news. The parts manager said, "Yeah, that hasn't been released yet, but I'll check to be sure." A few minutes on his keyboard later, and he said, "Huh. Well I'll be....it's on the list now and available." Apparently there are two parts to be ordered -- the SIRIUS receiver module (existing part) and the "SIRIUS receiver fit kit for NAV" (the new part for which I've apparently been waiting).

The parts manager put in the order and said, "Well, it said they've got it in stock; it will be here tomorrow. Go ahead and set-up an appointment for Friday with the service desk."

It looks like the total cost of the parts is about $300; I'm guessing labor will be another couple of hundred. All I know is that my daily commute is definitely lacking, having become accustomed to satellite radio.

So, if anyone else has been waiting for SIRIUS for NAV system integration, call your dealer!

Old 04-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Integrated SIRIUS Install w/NAV Now Available!

I was wondering if you have gotten your Sirius system installed at your dealer? My dealer is still clueless as to what is going on. I have contacted a local audio/video installer about the Sirius system for the Camry. They are going to contact their distributor and get back with me. Let us know what you have found out about it from your dealer. Thanks

Old 04-09-2007, 12:31 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Integrated SIRIUS Install w/NAV Now Available!

Sorry I didn't get to post earlier; I've been out of town for the holiday.

Murphy's Law interceded in the installation. While the SIRIUS/Nav integration "fit kit" indeed has a part number, the dealer called to say that, "Oops...he was wrong." The part can be ordered but is apparently physically unavailable now "until May." He received the receiver unit, and he said he'll contact me when the fit kit part arrives.

::sighs loudly::