Nav system software

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 07:59 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Nav system software

The bridge doesn't show on the Delorme maps either. I was out there this summer & it showed open water.

Old 09-06-2006, 05:23 AM
Enthusiast

Sorry, I based my information on my driving on M6, NOT on navigation system.!

Old 09-06-2006, 05:39 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

OK - one more time:

Can someone with the newer 6.1 version of the Nav DVD please check the following for me:

Can you look at the map of the Grand Rapids, MI area and tell me if highway M-6 (also known as the Paul B. Henry Freeway) connects all the way between I-196 on the western end and I-96 on the eastern end (this should be about a twenty mile stretch of highway). Mine only shows it connecting between I-96 and M-37 (about a 3-mile stretch on the eastern end), and I am trying to get my dealer to "comp" me the updated version of the DVD for free.

Also, for the override function, are you touching the small volume icon in the upper left, then the blank area in the lower left corner, then repeating? It would suck if this doesn't work in the new version, but I might be willing to deal with it if I have full routing capability around Grand Rapids!

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-06-2006, 11:55 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spiff72
OK - one more time:

Can someone with the newer 6.1 version of the Nav DVD please check the following for me:

Can you look at the map of the Grand Rapids, MI area and tell me if highway M-6 (also known as the Paul B. Henry Freeway) connects all the way between I-196 on the western end and I-96 on the eastern end (this should be about a twenty mile stretch of highway). Mine only shows it connecting between I-96 and M-37 (about a 3-mile stretch on the eastern end), and I am trying to get my dealer to "comp" me the updated version of the DVD for free.

Also, for the override function, are you touching the small volume icon in the upper left, then the blank area in the lower left corner, then repeating? It would suck if this doesn't work in the new version, but I might be willing to deal with it if I have full routing capability around Grand Rapids!

Thanks in advance!
I have the 6.1 version and highway M-6 is shown as connecting all the way between I-196 & I-96. I can also confirm that the previous method of getting the override does NOT work in this version. Good luck on getting your dealer to comp you on the update. I'd appreciate it if you would let us know how much he wants to charge you even if he does end up comping you.

Old 09-06-2006, 12:50 PM

Thanks, overhead...

I will talk to my dealer (if he calls me back) and see if they can get it.

I am disappointed by the missing (or moved) service menu - that is going to be a big sacrifice to make to get the updated map...

Old 09-06-2006, 02:51 PM
I don't roll on Shabbos

Originally Posted by spiff72
I am disappointed by the missing (or moved) service menu - that is going to be a big sacrifice to make to get the updated map...
Has anyone determined if version 6 has the override fuction at all? I would think it needs to for Toyota techs to QA the nav functionality during a test drive. Or is it just buried in another part of the disc that's yet to be found?

Last edited by lefty1970; 09-06-2006 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by lefty1970
Has anyone determined if version 6 has the override fuction at all? I would think it needs to for Toyota techs to QA the nav functionality during a test drive. Or is it just buried in another part of the disc that's yet to be found?
I am just guessing that service menu is still there, but they have changed the access sequence. Perhaps they realized that too many people had become aware of the menu, and they want to keep it secret...