OK now the front driver side has water

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 09:13 AM
Enthusiast
Default OK now the front driver side has water

I am not sure if you remember but I had this water problem in the back side about 6 months back - turned out to be detached moonroof tube. That was fixed. Now front driver side has some clear water under the foam pad. Any idea where it is coming from? We had about an inch rain yesterday. I had foam pad removed as I was doing something. So the padding that is part of the carpet was found to be wet. In the center in a straight line along the car's length - this clearly had some water - rest of the padding was just a bit moist.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:59 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: OK now the front driver side has water

AC drain is open and I haven't run AC for a while always in manual mode and haven't used the window mode lately. I checked the drain again anyway. I looked underneath the car and I found something wet - see pics. I don't know what it is and what's the purpose but it was wet as you can see in pics as well (oval and round holes are shown just to give you some idea of location). Also looks like both rubber pieces are intact. I don't think water can splash up and enter into the car but found it weird that it's not sealed perfectly.

Last edited by alpha_1976; 12-08-2014 at 11:11 AM.