Question about going to the drive-in

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 10:51 AM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Question about going to the drive-in

I checked, and the auto shut-off time on the ACC mode is 1 hour. See the second table on page BE-94 of the attached PDF file from the New Car Features Guide. By the way, in ACC the current drawn from the 12-V battery is ~5 A (plus whatever current the radio draws). In ON this doubles to ~10 A. It's a 48-Ah battery, and so you'd need 9 hours to run it flat at 5 A. A drive-in show should be fine.

Stan

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
BE-088to101.pdf (122.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 08-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by njoumany
My husband and I are planning on going to the drive-in this weekend.
In normal cars you just turn your key to get only the radio on, would this be the same as pressing the power button without stepping on the brake? Is this going to run down my battery?
Thanks in advance for the help!
Funny, the wife and I were thinking of going to the drive-in and we were wondering almost the same thing about draining the HV battery. But where we live, we need to run the A/C because of the heat, so I can't just leave the car in ACC mode. However, in ON mode, the ICE is going to shut down once the engine is warm, so the HV is going to be powering the A/C. I'm guessing the ICE will kick itself on whenever it is going to be needed. We'll see!!!

Old 08-13-2007, 05:14 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for all your help! We had a great time and the car did not give us any trouble.