TCH and Bluetooth devices

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH and Bluetooth devices

Anyone use a Sprint Samsung A640 with the TCH? What are your experiences with the Blootooth? Just ordered one from Sprint, who says it has bluetooth, but it doesn't show as compatible on Toyotas website??? Thanks..

Old 11-14-2006, 11:58 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by jbollt
Anyone use a Sprint Samsung A640 with the TCH? What are your experiences with the Blootooth? Just ordered one from Sprint, who says it has bluetooth, but it doesn't show as compatible on Toyotas website??? Thanks..
Works great. Much less problematic than my Sprint Treo 700p and only costs a fraction of the Treo. Then again it can only do a fraction of what the Treo can do.
Compared to my previous Sony Ericsson phones both the Samsung and Treo are medeocre Bluetooth exploiters. Still waiting for Battery Level indicator and Signal Strength indicator to work with these two phones. Grrrrrr.

Old 11-14-2006, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by schmidtj
Works great. Much less problematic than my Sprint Treo 700p and only costs a fraction of the Treo. Then again it can only do a fraction of what the Treo can do.
Compared to my previous Sony Ericsson phones both the Samsung and Treo are medeocre Bluetooth exploiters. Still waiting for Battery Level indicator and Signal Strength indicator to work with these two phones. Grrrrrr.
schmidtj....Thanks for the quick reply! I have read about issues with phone books not being transfered (in whole?) by some phones, but really didn't pay too much attenton to the bluetooth issues, as my phone wasn't bluetooth compatable. Now, being offered the ability to upgrade free to a new phone before my normal 2 years upgrade time, I am all of a sudden, interested...

If you have the time, could you please explain just what features the bluetooth in the TCH will provide with the A640? I would be very grateful.

thanks!

Last edited by jbollt; 11-14-2006 at 01:00 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:16 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by jbollt
schmidtj....Thanks for the quick reply! I have read about issues with phone books not being transfered (in whole?) by some phones, but really didn't pay too much attenton to the bluetooth issues, as my phone wasn't bluetooth compatable. Now, being offered the ability to upgrade free to a new phone before my normal 2 years upgrade time, I am all of a sudden, interested...

If you have the time, could you please explain just what features the bluetooth in the TCH will provide with the A640? I would be very grateful.

thanks!
It will PAIR to the TCH, transfer the phone book or single entries, make calls, receive calls, transfer a call from the TCH to the Samsung. It does not display battery level, signal strength or the local/roam indicator correctly.

Old 11-14-2006, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by schmidtj
It will PAIR to the TCH, transfer the phone book or single entries, make calls, receive calls, transfer a call from the TCH to the Samsung. It does not display battery level, signal strength or the local/roam indicator correctly.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Old 06-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Enthusiast

How about pairing a second phone to TCH? I can delete a phone then pair the second, but the menu says you can pair up to 6 devices. I can't seem to add that 2nd device.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Are they similar model phones?
Make sure the Bluetooth Name of each phone is different.
You can change it in the phone's Bluetooth setup.
Then try pairing again.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Enthusiast

First Phone is a Samsung, second phone is an IPhone.
Try to discover the bt device from the IPHone, and it won't show.
When I go into BT setup on the TCH the additional telephones are blanked out. Again, if I delete the original phone that was paired, it will connect and pair to my IPhone, but that defeats the purpose of multiple phones. I just can't figure out how to pair that second phone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,