TCH Now In Stock!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default TCH Now In Stock!?

Looks like my dealer has several TCHs in stock here in Austin. Of course, most of them come with the Gulf States big bux "foo-foo" packages.

Does this seem to be the pattern around the US? Are the waiting lists gone and now the TCHs are just waiting for the customers??

Oh yeah, If anyone from Gulf States Toyota is reading this, you lost my business because the JBL Stereo with Bluetooth isn't available in this region. Had to go to Ohio and buy mine!

Old 01-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH Now In Stock!?

i think so, even my dealer has around 8 - 10 TCH available when ever i see the stock.

Old 01-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scooters
Looks like my dealer has several TCHs in stock here in Austin.

Does this seem to be the pattern around the US? Are the waiting lists gone and now the TCHs are just waiting for the customers??
I've seen at least three Camry Hybrids sitting on the lot for a few weeks now at my local dealer in Oregon. I don't know if they have been the "same cars" or just the amount they're keeping in stock, but it's been three Camry Hybrids on the lot, just like regular.

I've also seen about ten Priuses on the lot on a regular basis, too.

This is indeed VERY, VERY STRANGE around here -- every TCH and Prius has been delivered to someone on a waiting list, up until now.

In the end, it's a good thing -- better chance of getting what you want, better chance of driving up and driving out with a TCH, and so on. It's just awful strange seeing these things on the lot, that's for sure!

Old 01-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Active Enthusiast

My local dealer shows 13 TCH and 40 Prius in stock. Even if they have sold half of them and received none (unlikely) since the last update, that's still a lot.

If anyone wants to fly to Dayton or Cincinnati, I can get you at the airport and take you to your new car!!

Old 01-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bigsk8r
My local dealer shows 13 TCH and 40 Prius in stock. Even if they have sold half of them and received none (unlikely) since the last update, that's still a lot.

If anyone wants to fly to Dayton or Cincinnati, I can get you at the airport and take you to your new car!!
Yup! a lot of them sitting around now as gasoline has come down to $1.80 here in Mpls. False sense of security and a lot of the folks are buying Hummers again, they cannot seem to keep them in stock rite now. Then they will cry the blues in another couple months when it shoots back up lol.

Old 01-17-2007, 07:05 PM
Enthusiast
Default Gaaaaaaahhhh!!!

Originally Posted by skywagon
Yup! a lot of them sitting around now as gasoline has come down to $1.80 here in Mpls.
GEEZ, this burns me up!!!

I just paid TWO DOLLARS AND SIXTY CENTS PER GALLON YESTERDAY -- very much the average in my neck of the woods. Maybe four cents per gallon cheaper at the cheaper stations, that's all.

HOW ON EARTH CAN WE BE PAYING A WHOLE FREAKING DOLLAR MORE PER GALLON THAN OTHER AREAS IN THIS COUNTRY?!?!?!???

Gaaaaahhh!!!

Ahem. I feel a little bit better now. Not really that much, though....

Old 01-17-2007, 07:08 PM
Banned

Heck I pay that much all the time. Last week I was up in Canada and paid over US $3.50 per gallon.

Old 01-17-2007, 08:15 PM
it's just a car...

The local dealer has two (2) TCHs, both non-nav from the Georgetown, KY plant.
One with leather, seat heaters and sunroof; the other fabric interior.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Just a clarification...... I was way too tired when I sent my first message.

I got the JBL on the TCH in Texas with no problem. I wasn't able to get it on my RAV-4 in Gulf States area and had to go to Ohio to get the one that I wanted.

Old 01-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Enthusiast

Prices are coming down. We got the TCH with every option. Sticker of $31k with Invoice at $27.6k. We are paying $28.1k. The dealers her in Oregon have TCHs on the lots. You can get a Prius here for $22k. By the time I get the federal and state tax credits this car will be $25k which I think is a steal. Ours in enroute and expected any day.