Performance upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2022, 04:31 PM
Enthusiast
Default Performance upgrades?

Has anyone here done any performance upgrades to their highlander hybrid? I have a 2017 with 140,000 miles on it and I was thinking about modifying it. I know the Lexus has the same drive train but it has a higher gear ratio in the final drive which makes it faster than the highlander but it also loses mpg. I was also wondering if the rear differential motor could be upgraded? I know there isn't a bunch of room in the differential but I thought that maybe the motor could be re wound for a little more output. These are all just thoughts. It's probably cheaper to drop in a GM LS engine. Lol. I have always liked building cars that were total sleepers and I thought this would make a great sleeper. I would normally think that turbos would be the way to go but I don't know what this engine can handle and I hear the transmissions aren't that stout. Any thoughts or opinions or recommendations?