Over-revving in "B"

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 06:27 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Over-revving in "B"

Don't worry about the engine, it has plenty of oil pressure and without the combustion it is actually having an easy time.

Up the hill drive so you keep losing some speed, this will have the battery assist more so at the top you will have a "larger jar to fill" on the way down. Also you could turn on the AC or Defrost and as many accessories as you can, but why? The Prius is doing just what Toyota designed it to do.

Wayne

Old 11-17-2006, 06:36 AM
Engineering first

Originally Posted by PriusNut
I watched the Energy screen on the way down my 300 foot hill and, sure enough, as soon as all the battery lines appeared, the engine revved up.

I'm having a hard time believing that the high revs are OK for the engine; it just doesn't sound right.

I want to figure out how to get the battery as low as possible on the way up the hill. Any suggestions?
The problem is things that drain the battery often burn gas too. If you had the Coastal Electronics "EV" switch installed, you could drain more of the battery but it doesn't work at highway speeds.

My thinking is now that the problem is solved, don't worry about it. The vehicle is working as expected.

Bob Wilson

Old 11-17-2006, 08:34 AM
Nut

WAD (Works as designed)

Thanks for the reassurance.