what's the cargo space with seats folded down?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 06:54 AM
Enthusiast
Default what's the cargo space with seats folded down?

all i can find is 16 cu ft of cargo space for the priusII, but that must be with seats upright. my guess is with the seats down, it should be something like 40 ft...

thx

Old 03-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: what's the cargo space with seats folded down?

Is that 40 cu ft? I'm guessing you can find that info in the manuals. Or, if that info is really critical you can measure that space yourself. That said, with the rear seats down I can get a full size bike in (front wheel off).

This summer my wife and I camped from LA to Vancouver, BC. That meant a tent, cooking equipment, sleeping bags and probably more. And once again, my bike.

This summer we're doing a tour which will go from (again, Long Beach, CA) into the Black Hills, over to Wisc. and into Canada. Once again, camping.

It's my guess that all our stuff (including the bike) does not weigh anymore than 2 adults (that is, 2 more passengers).

Last edited by centrider; 03-27-2007 at 10:13 PM. Reason: addition of 3rd sentence
Old 03-30-2007, 05:12 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: what's the cargo space with seats folded down?

i don't have a prius, but am considering one at the moment i am looking at a couple different wagons, the prius and civic hybrid. the cubic foot measurement would be helpful so i really understand what i can fit back there.

thanks for the info. definitely sounds like the prius is more utilitarian than the HCH with it's hatch