Does anyone use their climate control?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Does anyone use their climate control?

It's a "premium" feature of the hybrid, but I never use it.

I want manual control of the A/C so, I find myself using the manual controls. This leads to wide variation in the temp degrees, which makes me long for a more simple temp setting.

But, of course, maybe I just haven't figured out the best way to make use of the climate control. It took me awhile to get used to BMW's, but when I finally gave in, it worked great (works diff than Honda's).

So, can someone school me?

Old 02-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Tofu+hybrd= crazy fun!
Default Re: Does anyone use their climate control?

I like using it when stuck in traffic/stoplights

the car turns off - meaning, the temp goes down/up.

The climate control will bring it back to what it once was, it helps a lot!

Old 02-08-2007, 12:13 PM
World's First Hybrid

never used it.

Old 02-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by noflash
It's a "premium" feature of the hybrid, but I never use it.

I want manual control of the A/C so, I find myself using the manual controls. This leads to wide variation in the temp degrees, which makes me long for a more simple temp setting.
I use the Auto setting all the time - particularly during the summer months. I found that if we use it wisely then it not only helps FE but it will also do a pretty good job a maintaining a healthy and comfortable cabin.

By using it wisely I mean, setting a temperature that is not overly aggressive that will force the climate control and the ICE to work extra hard. Instead, I adjust the temperature gradually from a more conservative setting and depending on the ride duration I will eventually meet the target temperature.

I recognize this may not be pallatable to most folks, but like I said it works reasonably well for me.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 02-08-2007, 03:05 PM

I use the manual set with the fan speed set at 2 or 3, temp at 22 c and the arrow that points to the floor, during cold weather. Last fall I used the auto mod.. It seemed to operate fine but would start blowing thru the dash vents for some reason.[ possibly humidity] My wife does not like the vents blowing at her. Other than that it did the job.

Old 02-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The automatic control is great for the A/C, but I prefer manual control of the heater.

Old 02-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Enthusiast

Always use it.

In the AM I set it to 73 and let warm up the cabin gradually. If I feel I'm too warm, etc then I'll turn the heat to more like 70 and usually end up leaving it.

Of course I have the block heater so it gets warmed up w/in a reasonable short period of time.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:38 PM

I never use it because I like to make sure the A/C compressor is off. I wish there was a compressor switch like lots of other cars have... then I'd feel more comfortable using auto climate in moderate to cool weather.

Old 02-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Enthusiast

I always use the Auto setting, I just hit the A/C button and the display says "A/C OFF" and it all works great.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:13 AM

I certainly miss the days where the temperature **** controled the hot water flow directly. I use my heater and ac all the time, but the car is constantly adjusting the temperature that comes out of it, so i am constantly having to adjust the temperature to outsmart it. I find it quite annoying. I am fine if the car wants to do that in the "auto" setting, but when its in manual I wish it would stop trying to think for me. I never use auto because in some situations it disables the autostop feature, which I also find incredibly annoying. Same for defrost, which I often need but rarely use for the same reason. Would it really be that difficult for me to let my foot off the brake momentarily if I determine the need to restart the engine? Apparently they think so. This car does WAY too much thinking for the driver. Sometimes I feel like I'm on one of those car rides at an amusement park, where you have some controls in the car, but they don't seem to do anything, the car just does what it wants.

Quick Reply: Does anyone use their climate control?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands