HCH II - Spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 01:21 PM
"Manalo"
Default HCH II - Spark plugs

Hello All,

I've had the car about a year now and put on about 25k. Does anyone know when to change their spark plugs on a HCH II? If so, where could you get them besides the dealer?

Thanks,

Old 04-18-2007, 10:48 AM
Eco Accelerometrist
Default Re: HCH II - Spark plugs

Originally Posted by Estoril73
Hello All,

I've had the car about a year now and put on about 25k. Does anyone know when to change their spark plugs on a HCH II? If so, where could you get them besides the dealer?

Thanks,
Your maintenance schedule as listed in the warranty booklet should reference that level of service in combination with the "Maintenance Minder" Gauge readout.

I believe however that such service is likely to occur at 100,000 miles (160,000KM).

Changing the spark plus is just one of the items in the service task list for that type of service. So, perhaps you should consider taking it in.

However, if you insist on doing it yourself, you should have no problem securing a good set of expensive 8 spark plugs from online Honda retailers. If you do a search on this forum you'll get many links to sereval of them (some of which I ordered from already).

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 04-24-2007, 06:50 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH II - Spark plugs

I don't have specific experience with the HCH and plug longevity, but in other Honda vehicles (accord / odyssey) that advertise a 100,000 mile maintenance window on the plugs, that has never been very realistic in my experience.

My performance in terms of HP and MPG has tanked around the 60 - 65K mark. Resolution? Fresh set of plugs and the car or van runs better then new.

Now, iridium plugs are not cheap, especially 8 of them (2 per cylinder on) at 8 - 10 bucks a pop. Having two plugs firing sequentially may mitigate some mis firing issues when the plugs get older in the HCH, but if you see your economy dropping, and the power lagging, that is one of the first things that I replace on my own.