Your Favorite Gas?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 12:23 PM
Being
Default Your Favorite Gas?

Post your favorite gas! Shell, Mobile, Exxon, etc, or any generic? Have you guys noticed any differences between which gas you use, especially in terms of gas mileage?

Old 04-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Your Favorite Gas?

Bush's country style baked beans. Country style in particular - the sauce is thicker and has that bacon-ey molasses flavor.

Old 04-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Proud owner HCHII

or laughing gas?

Old 04-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Non-oxygenated! I.e. no ethanol, no MTBE. That's the best bang for your buck in terms of energy content but it's not available everywhere. Actually, odds are it won't be available anywhere before long.

Old 04-17-2006, 02:21 PM
World's First Hybrid

I think I prefer tetraethyl leaded the best, has a sweeter taste. Unfortunately, some day in the far future some extraterrestrial archeologist will find a thin layer of lead deposits all over the earth and think it was an asteroid or something that killed all the humans when in fact it was the lead in our gasoline that turned us all mad......."buy no-burp-aline, the only gas with bicarbonate of soda......." knuk knuk...

Seriously, many a thread has been written on this subject and I think the final verdict was not to waste your money on premium and stick with the top tier companies like shell, mobil, etc that have all "the right stuff" that's good for your engine......

Old 04-17-2006, 02:56 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I use only Chevron Regular in California.

Old 04-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

Best regular I can find, Chevron in N. CA.

Old 04-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Ohio BIODZL Driver

All I ask is that you consider the Citgo (Petróleos de Venezuela, S.A.) purchase carefully. (see link) YPMV - Your Politics May Vary

Old 04-17-2006, 04:45 PM
Enthusiast

Here there's not much choice. Mostly Mobil and Exxon. Or generic. There are a few Shells and Gulfs, and even fewer Sunocos. Lots of Citgos. My car seems to like Mobil more than Exxon.

Old 04-18-2006, 04:20 AM
Enthusiastically Active

Citgo and BP....

BP does a lot of research in sustainable/alternative fuels. They are one of the leading producers of photo voltaic cells...... even powering many of their gas station pumps with solar energy. They also buy less gasoline from the middle east. They seem to have a vision for a world without oil.

Citgo is all South American oil, again less money sent to the middle east.

Quick Reply: Your Favorite Gas?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands