Squeaking 06 FWD FEH rear end

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 06:08 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Squeaking 06 FWD FEH rear end

Originally Posted by Thegreatescape
The TSB for the rear shock bushing was published today. It's #06-20-12.
Does someone have a copy they can share?

Old 10-05-2006, 10:43 AM

From http://www.escape-central.com/1forum...4&pagenumber=3

"The TSB simply calls for enlarging the mounting hole in the body sheetmetal slightly, then installing a revised upper shock bushing."

I wonder when the parts will be available. I left a message for my service manager so we shall see. If it isn't ready soon I'm going to need a Psychiatrist....

Old 10-05-2006, 03:04 PM

My advisor called me back. He is going to talk to his service manager first to make sure, but he said it doesn't look like anything complicated. I'll be in there ASAP once they tell me they are ready.

Old 10-05-2006, 05:44 PM
occ
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tim K
From http://www.escape-central.com/1forum...4&pagenumber=3

"The TSB simply calls for enlarging the mounting hole in the body sheetmetal slightly, then installing a revised upper shock bushing."

I wonder when the parts will be available. I left a message for my service manager so we shall see. If it isn't ready soon I'm going to need a Psychiatrist....
I love this site! Keeps me informed in case mine develops this squeek! Thanks All!

Old 10-06-2006, 07:51 AM

Advisor called me again this morning (This guy is always on top of things for me which I appreciate). All of the service and parts managers were offsite today at a conference/meeting so he couldn't get an answer. He basically just needs to talk to the parts manager about the replacement bushing to see if it is something they stock or if it needs to be ordered and if it is available. Hopefully they are able to use a stock bushing from one of the other vehicles as that would make alot more sense then trying to engineer a new part.....especially since it is a warranty replacement part! Looks like I won't hear anything until monday.

Old 10-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Enthusiast

I also have a squeaking noise in the rear of my Escape 4WD, sounds like the shocks. I can replicate it quite well by just pushing up and down on the rear bumper to rock the car. Sounds like an aold spring matress in use....The car has about 4.5k miles on it and it started a couple of thousand miles ago. Haven't had time to take it in, but maybe it is good I waited until they have a fix.

Old 10-09-2006, 02:43 PM

Service writer called me today. The bushings are on backorder 1-2 weeks. He'll call me when they are in.

Old 10-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Enthusiast

Are you guys ready for your Story of the Week?

I took mine in Wed because of the constant left-side creaking. Mostly low-speed, especially when turning and from a dead stop or braking. They called yesterday morning, said we don't hear it, come in and we'll ride with you. Cool. I get there, pile a couple of techs in, and confidently drive off, and... nothing. Not a peep, not a squeak, not a creak. I tried everything. :roll eyes: I looked at the receipt, and it said they didn't do anything at all to it. Yeh right... I had given them the new TSB number, but I doubt they had what they needed to do it. They obviously fixed SOMETHING, but I have no idea what. They'd already tried the re-centering thing and that didn't help.

So mine is happy right now. Hope everyone else's problems get fixed too!

Old 10-13-2006, 11:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

I've noticed when it's cold outside it happens less.

Old 10-13-2006, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by martinp13
Are you guys ready for your Story of the Week?

I took mine in Wed because of the constant left-side creaking. Mostly low-speed, especially when turning and from a dead stop or braking. They called yesterday morning, said we don't hear it, come in and we'll ride with you. Cool. I get there, pile a couple of techs in, and confidently drive off, and... nothing. Not a peep, not a squeak, not a creak. I tried everything. :roll eyes: I looked at the receipt, and it said they didn't do anything at all to it. Yeh right... I had given them the new TSB number, but I doubt they had what they needed to do it. They obviously fixed SOMETHING, but I have no idea what. They'd already tried the re-centering thing and that didn't help.

So mine is happy right now. Hope everyone else's problems get fixed too!
Don't hold your breath. It will be back....

Quick Reply: Squeaking 06 FWD FEH rear end

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands