HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Did I get ripped off on my 08?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Enthusiast
Default Did I get ripped off on my 08?

I read the guys thread about how much people paid for their 07, now I want to know what people are paying for their 08's. I paid 26100/otd with Nav/tint/splash guards,etc(the things they say cost 1500). I live in Az and the msrp is 25k with that stuff before tax, title, etc. Then of course the financing is the tricky place. I purchased the warranty(5/100k) and alarm, which total was 2k(i might have gotten screwed there). If I didnt purchase that they'd give me 6.25% but if i purchased that I got 5.75% financing which was better than my bank, so it felt like a wash cause the end amount after 5yrs is still the same. Please somebody tell me I got an ok deal.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Did I get raped on my 08?

As long as you are happy, that is the main thing! Sounds OK to me, but for sure someone will say they got the same thing for less. Enjoy the car! H

Old 01-13-2008, 12:42 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I have to agree with Harold, I am sure, no matter what you paid, someone, somewhere will have received a better price and BTW, someone somewhere will get better mileage. In your circimstaces, at the time you bought the car, YOU felt it was the right deal....enjoy the car, life it too short to worry about "the deal"

Old 01-13-2008, 01:01 PM
Enthusiast

I do feel like I got a good price on the car but it was just the financing office where I feel I may have let my guard down. Im not worried about the people who got some ridiculous deal, just want to know approx what the average "good deal" was

Old 01-13-2008, 02:09 PM
HypoFueler

The good deal was getting a really reliable, high mpg vehicle!

Old 01-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Its an iPod.... we all stand in line for the next new one....

It might have cost a little more than you expected but then this is a got to have type car....

Sorry that just my view..

Old 01-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

And the financial experts say Millionaires NEVER buy vehicles new. In that regard, ALL of us who bought vehicles new, hybrid or not, didn't get a good deal, millionaire or not.

The important thing is what we all share, which is a passion for technology, energy savings, and developing unique driving techniques to maximize the capabilities built into our respective vehicles. People who fly by you with the 'pedal to the metal' are now weird in my book.

Don't worry one way or the other about the deal. Enjoy the vehicle, and rejoice in the fact you get better mileage than most everybody else on the road, including us FEH/MMH owners, but we're all enjoying the hybrid experience, and helping each other to maximize efficiency, regardless of manufacturer.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

All due respect to the support group here, I have to say that you paid too much ..... but just a little.

If the true OTD price (tax, title, etc.) was 26,100, and that included the extended warranty, then I'd say you paid $1,000 more than you should. Nothing to worry about.

I know Arizona has been Californicated, so the car market there is rough. But I'm curious how much the "addition" or "market area adjustment" to the MSRP the dealer added?

Also, the interest rate pitch sounds fishy. Did you finance through Honda (AHFC), or through the dealer's hand-picked loan agent?

A little more info would help. Also, did you get the "desert white" combo, or what other color did you pick?

Old 01-13-2008, 06:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

imo as long as you paid less then the window sticker you are ok. and as long as you didn't have to sacrafice choice of color and got what you wanted then you should be satisfied with your deal. I would have to say the 5.75% seems kind of high unless you had a credit score less than 710.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:14 AM
Just me...

it's about what i paid... i didn't get navi, but i got a few more options that made up the difference. i know i could've gotten a little bit better, but i really didn't feel like haggling.

Quick Reply: Did I get ripped off on my 08?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands