2008 Navigation Package

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 03:28 PM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner
Default Re: 2008 Navigation Package

Does anyone with an 08 have tweeters in the window pillar sails? If not, where are the 7 speakers? I have a speaker in each of 4 doors, and one woofer in the rear.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

David. what dealer did you have this done? I am in the dallas texas area. I am about to buy 2 of these escapes. one for me and one for the wife. they have the colors and options we want except for the nav syatem. the dealer is saying they can't add it and I was suspect that they did not know what they were talking about. Maybe you could give me a name and number of someone they could speak to at your dealer to explain how it might be done. Also what did they charge you for that? did they just charge you the same price as if it was an option on the car. or did they charge extra because they had to do all that r & r? does the nav system show the hybrid current flow? thanks for any info!!

Alex

Old 04-11-2007, 06:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

also the tweeters are in the "a" pillars near the bottom of the windshield. I have had fords for many years and more times than not they are set up to be plug and play. Meaning theres a good chance that if you remove one of the pillars and look to see if there is a plug set there, if so then you could just order new pillars and the speakers and just plug them in and your done.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

one other question david. when they put in the nav system does your display up at the top now show the time and date, outside temp and compass reading?? as well as the ac temp for driver and pass?? thanks!

Old 04-12-2007, 04:22 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DavidH
And, if the premium sound has 7 speakers, they must not have separate speakers grilles. I can only find 5 speakers!
At least for the '07 models, the Nav system when ordered as part of the "package" included 7 speakers. When order as a stand alone option, it included only 4 in-door speakers.

Last edited by WaltPA; 04-12-2007 at 04:25 AM.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:25 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cngrevolution
the dealer is saying they can't add it and I was suspect that they did not know what they were talking about.
Being able to retrofit in the Nav system must be something totally new for the '08 models. One couldn't on the '07 and older models because the Nav system needed to tie into the hybrid system, and therefore required rather unique wiring harnesses which weren't on the non-Nav hybrids.

So, I would not be so hard on your dealer.

Last edited by WaltPA; 04-12-2007 at 04:27 AM.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:56 AM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner

Originally Posted by cngrevolution
David. what dealer did you have this done? I am in the dallas texas area. I am about to buy 2 of these escapes. one for me and one for the wife. they have the colors and options we want except for the nav syatem. the dealer is saying they can't add it and I was suspect that they did not know what they were talking about. Maybe you could give me a name and number of someone they could speak to at your dealer to explain how it might be done. Also what did they charge you for that? did they just charge you the same price as if it was an option on the car. or did they charge extra because they had to do all that r & r? does the nav system show the hybrid current flow? thanks for any info!!

Alex
Heller Ford, Escondido, Ca, USA 92029
+1 (800) 427-3585 x308

They charged me the difference between the Audiofile option and the NAV option. But, that may not be their normal deal.

I will look for the current readout next time I drive the car and get back to you.

Did you see an 08 with tweeters in the windshield pillars?

Last edited by DavidH; 04-12-2007 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by WaltPA
Being able to retrofit in the Nav system must be something totally new for the '08 models. One couldn't on the '07 and older models because the Nav system needed to tie into the hybrid system, and therefore required rather unique wiring harnesses which weren't on the non-Nav hybrids.

So, I would not be so hard on your dealer.
Good point Walt.

Here is a link that some of you may not have seen that speaks on some things about Vehicle Speed Sensors that the navi is connected to in section 2-2. There is a lot of other good information on do and don't when installing or disconnecting things on the '06 FEH/MMH. It's long, but some areas are very interesting.
https://www.fleet.ford.com/showroom/...iers_guide.pdf

GaryG

Old 04-12-2007, 05:04 PM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner

The 2008 NAV display shows the direction of current flow, but not the Amperage.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Enthusiast

Just ordered a 08 FEH. I did not order the Nav as the price was to much.

If any of you have upgraded your system?

What system did you go with?

Since I have no nav. If any one would like to sell me a OEM for the 2008 FEH?

Let me know.

Quick Reply: 2008 Navigation Package

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands