2008 Rear Mud flaps / Splash guards

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default 2008 Rear Mud flaps / Splash guards

Just a FYI the "Molded" rear mudflaps / splash guards now listed availble from Ford, are simply the black plastic pieces inside the rear wheel well, no hangy downy parts, just a replacement part for whats all ready there

Just so noone else waste their time or money to get a pair (at $25 each)

So for now it's flat Ford flaps, nothing, or generic aftermarket flaps

Old 11-30-2007, 10:13 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2008 Rear Mud flaps / Splash guards

I just bought some splash guards (or mud flaps) for my new '08 FEH and they do hang down. One set is for all 4 wheels. After a recent rain here, I noticed my vehicle was all dirty from splashes. Hence, I felt this was a nice cheap investment to help keep the FEH a bit cleaner.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by doctoru2
I just bought some splash guards (or mud flaps) for my new '08 FEH and they do hang down. One set is for all 4 wheels. After a recent rain here, I noticed my vehicle was all dirty from splashes. Hence, I felt this was a nice cheap investment to help keep the FEH a bit cleaner.
I did the same, but only one pair, I put them up front, hoping to hold out for a set or molded to fit rears; but it appears I'll have to add a set of flats to the rear also. Doesn't look bad, just was hoping for a molded fit.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

Looks like Ford may be getting some molded ones ready for the 2008s, or their webmaster made another error as seen here: http://www.fordvehicles.com/suvs/escape/accessories/

The accessories catalog on the Ford website does not show these.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:40 PM

The molded Ford Spashguards fit good but are short and do not provide the "protection" that you can find with aftermarket models.

Check your local autoparts store for what they have and for size comparisons.

Old 01-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Billyk
The molded Ford Spashguards fit good but are short and do not provide the "protection" that you can find with aftermarket models.

Check your local autoparts store for what they have and for size comparisons.
Ford has yet to produce MOLDED splash guards for the 2008 models, which is why I thought that photo and text on the website was interesting. There don't appear to be any aftermarket molded guards for the 2008s that fit nicely either, yet... interesting to hear that these potential Ford ones aren't perfect

Last edited by leoashton; 01-06-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:06 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Will there be a FE loss using mud flaps?

Old 01-07-2008, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by nicst47
Maybe. I installed four splash guards (much bigger than the Ford molded version) and really can not tell any difference. If we put the vehicle in a wind tunnel, a small difference might be observed. Then if we are concerned about loss of FE with mud guards then whyn ot pitch the roof racks and side mirrors.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by nicst47
Maybe. I installed four splash guards (much bigger than the Ford molded version) and really can not tell any difference. If we put the vehicle in a wind tunnel, a small difference might be observed. Then if we are concerned about loss of FE with mud guards then why not pitch the roof racks and side mirrors.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:54 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Billyk
Maybe. I installed four splash guards (much bigger than the Ford molded version) and really can not tell any difference. If we put the vehicle in a wind tunnel, a small difference might be observed. Then if we are concerned about loss of FE with mud guards then why not pitch the roof racks and side mirrors.
If there isn't a loss in FE w/mud flaps, I may invest in a set myself.

Quick Reply: 2008 Rear Mud flaps / Splash guards

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands