About to purchase 06 AWD fully loaded.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 09:08 AM
Enthusiast
Default About to purchase 06 AWD fully loaded.....

Just got back from my dealership. Here is the breakdown from the offer and nego

MSRP = $33815
X plan = $ 31618.00

They offered the vehicle to me for 2% over X plan

Offer $32250.00
+ 3% tax $ 967.00
+ Doc Fee $ 359
+ Tags (Custom) $46

Total out the door
$ 33622

They also say that Ford would finance me for 63 months @4.99%, which is better than my credit unions 60 months @ 5.25. Also going to look into getting the extended warranty just for coverage for the unexpected. I'll let everyone know how it goes today.

Chad

Old 07-19-2005, 09:34 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: About to purchase 06 AWD fully loaded.....

That is about the same as I paid for my loaded 2005 model. It looks like a good deal to me.....

I got 60 months at 3.99% from the Credit Union.

Watch what they do ont he trade in too, thats where they really make the big money.

Chris Brown

Old 07-19-2005, 09:39 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cdbrow1
That is about the same as I paid for my loaded 2005 model. It looks like a good deal to me.....

I got 60 months at 3.99% from the Credit Union.

Watch what they do ont he trade in too, thats where they really make the big money.

Chris Brown
I don't have a trade, its being sold privately. I wished I could get 3.99% I figure I will shop around afterwards maybe go somewhere lower if I can find something. I'm currently with the NC State Employees Credit Union, and they have fixed 5.25% on new vehicles @ 60 months.

May I ask what credit union you are with to get 3.99%?

Chad

Old 07-19-2005, 09:45 AM
Active Enthusiast

I got the loan though my local governemnt employees credit union last fall. It was a great deal, but they are up around 5.25% now.

I should have gone private party, but I litterally bought the FEH off the dealers lot the day they first got it in. I had no clue that I was going to buy a new car that day until I saw it sitting there.

Are you getting the sunroof?

Chris.

Old 07-19-2005, 10:17 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cdbrow1
I got the loan though my local governemnt employees credit union last fall. It was a great deal, but they are up around 5.25% now.

I should have gone private party, but I litterally bought the FEH off the dealers lot the day they first got it in. I had no clue that I was going to buy a new car that day until I saw it sitting there.

Are you getting the sunroof?

Chris.
Yes, It will be fully loaded including the sunroof. They have one of each color below fully loaded ($33815 MSRP) sitting on the lot. Black, Grey and Silver.

Chad

Old 07-19-2005, 11:07 AM
Prof. of Hybridology

Glad to hear you decided to go ahead with it, I have a feeling you'll be quite pleased. The deal sounds pretty good, did any of the info I gave you help?

Old 07-19-2005, 11:58 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
Glad to hear you decided to go ahead with it, I have a feeling you'll be quite pleased. The deal sounds pretty good, did any of the info I gave you help?
Actually it did. I did shop around, some dealers tell me one thing, and some tell me another. I even had one to reply with a pretty rude remark and I quote "You must understand that you are wasting my time and other dealers time. My suggestion is to buy local." This was in response to my inquiry to a 06 AWD fully loaded model their web site said they had in stock. The dealership is less than 75 miles from me. I replied back, CC'ing the Internet Sales Director in on my response and her employees remarks. I actually spoke to her today about the situation, and she offered to get me a good deal, but I had informed her that I already found one.

My deal did actually come from many sent Emails, a young man at a dealership not too far away. He told me to drop in, and he would beat any deal I was offered. So far, he has, even from another salesman at the same dealership that I had spoke to about two weeks earlier, that said they do not sell them below MSRP. My only concern now is to try to nego a ESP into the deal. These vehicles are new, and so is the technology, so I want to make sure I am covered in the case of the unexpected. There is a lot of things on this vehicle that I can not work on. Any suggestions on a Ford extended warranty? Or maybe a 3rd party?

AS it sits right now, its $33,622 out the door (The Escape, tax, tags and the Dock fee(not exactly sure what that is)). We are nego even more over another issue, so I expect to come out of the deal around $33k even out the door. I'll keep everyone informed.

Chad

Old 07-19-2005, 12:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChadsMach1
Any suggestions on a Ford extended warranty? Or maybe a 3rd party?
Go Ford warranty only in my opinion. You could have problems from a third party as I have two familiy members who bought third party (thinking it was a factory warranty) that is now useless since the warranty company is now out of business. Besides, it could be tough to get warranty service from a third party on a Hybrid component. They have a lot of options for years and mileage, get the one that suits your needs best - no sesnse haveing a 6 year/75k warranty if you do 75k in three years, that kind of thing.

Also, see if the business manager will show you their cost on these - let them make a reasonable (to you) profit. The dealer can make a killing off these if you let them sell it to you for list price. If they won't show it to you, they are trying to overcharge you.

Good luck.

Old 07-19-2005, 12:22 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nitramjr
Go Ford warranty only in my opinion. You could have problems from a third party as I have two familiy members who bought third party (thinking it was a factory warranty) that is now useless since the warranty company is now out of business. Besides, it could be tough to get warranty service from a third party on a Hybrid component. They have a lot of options for years and mileage, get the one that suits your needs best - no sesnse haveing a 6 year/75k warranty if you do 75k in three years, that kind of thing.

Also, see if the business manager will show you their cost on these - let them make a reasonable (to you) profit. The dealer can make a killing off these if you let them sell it to you for list price. If they won't show it to you, they are trying to overcharge you.

Good luck.
I will check into that. I put 92k miles on my Jeep Wrangler in 5 years, with the only problem being a broken oil cap. My warranty ran out on my Jeep at the 60k mile mark. The warranty was for 7 years 60k. I do alot of driving (aka, alot of trips to NC and SC beaches).

That was another thing that worried me was how much does a ESP really cost them? I don't want to pad their wallets, but like any other business, they also deserve a profit.

Chad

Old 07-19-2005, 01:18 PM
Enthusiast

If you do that much driving, why would you ever take out a 60 month loan? Best case, you'll end up making payments on a car that's not worth what you still owe. And worst case, the car will die and you'll still be paying for it.

Realistically, no one knows what the lifespan of the FEH or its batteries really are. So be careful with the 60 month loan. In reality, it's more of a ploy to get people to purchase more expensive cars and pay more interest, regardless of the car's lifespan.

Quick Reply: About to purchase 06 AWD fully loaded.....

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands