Escape vs. Escape Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 12:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Escape vs. Escape Hybrid

Originally Posted by Gillman
... it may not beat the Escape V6 in 0 to 60MPH, but I will pass 'em by at the gas station!
You got that right - the best tank I ever had with my '04 was 362 miles. That was 100% speed-limit highway driving and 14.6 gallons.

On my current tank on the '06 I am shooting for 500 miles on this tank. The trip-meter plus the Miles to Empty add up to 520 right now so I think I will make it.

Gotta love these things.

Old 09-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

And to think the best I ever got out of my '95 Explorer was 280 miles, and that required 16 gallons! (Granted I don't drive the two the same, but still!)

Old 09-28-2005, 10:14 AM
Enthusiast

as was said by one member, look around at different dealers. after being told no to a or x plan by several dealers locally, i check in another state near my folks and found several willing to honor both if i qualified. in the end i decided to wait for the 06 to come out and found a local dealer (2 out of 20) willing to do xplan and schedule the build to be delivered in the first week of jan 06 to get the new tax credits rather than deductions which means between the estimated 1900.00 2006 federal credit and 2700 in state credits, the hybrid comes out just a tad more than an equivalent 06 V6 escape. So, just look around, call dealers locally and as far away as you're willing to commute for a car and see what you can get.

good luck!