ev battery question!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 02:51 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: ev battery question!

So why would driving in "L" be any different than "D" for the symptoms given?

Old 04-13-2009, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Winney
So why would driving in "L" be any different than "D" for the symptoms given?
If your driving in "L" you get regen every time you let off the gas pedal. This could overheat the charging system and prevent EV. Happens to me all the time in my '05 FEH and the only way to go EV is let the system cool or shift to "N" where regen stops. While in "N" you can signal the computer to go EV by tapping the brake pedal easy one or two times. This also works if the battery is to cold for EV and will not take regen.

Cowboy, you may want to try this instead of cycling the key On and Off just to see if it works. You have to be under 40mph but moving over 6mph for the engine to shutdown. The engine not shutting down use to drive me crazy till I figured this one out.

GaryG

Old 04-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
Now, what do you know about anything here? Who said anything about the first time in "L"? You are a trouble maker with no understanding about anything that I can tell. Your comment of shifting to park, restart and now in D is your smart comment of trying to be an insult to me. Please grow-up till you know what you're talking about.

GaryG
So you have a rough day and now you want to take out out on me?

I thought my scenario was solid. If you didn't like it, you could have worded it a bit nicer. Last I heard this was an open forum, not moderated by you.

The world doesn't revolve around just you, 'ya jerk.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Active Enthusiast
Post Re: ev battery question!

gary i wish that was the case. me and my wife drive this truck mostly back roads and do 20 mph to 30 mph.

like today i took off from a stop sign, and it jumped from ev right to ice.

i have tried getting it to drop right back into ev when it does ice kicks right back in. the only way to stop it, is to stop the truck shut the ice off restart it then it's fine.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by cowboy
gary i wish that was the case. me and my wife drive this truck mostly back roads and do 20 mph to 30 mph.

like today i took off from a stop sign, and it jumped from ev right to ice.

i have tried getting it to drop right back into ev when it does ice kicks right back in. the only way to stop it, is to stop the truck shut the ice off restart it then it's fine.
You did not say the "N" tap did not work so tell me it doesn't

GaryG

Old 04-13-2009, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by colchiro
So you have a rough day and now you want to take out out on me?

I thought my scenario was solid. If you didn't like it, you could have worded it a bit nicer. Last I heard this was an open forum, not moderated by you.

The world doesn't revolve around just you, 'ya jerk.
Calling people a jerk is a violation here! Moderator!

GaryG

Old 04-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
Calling people a jerk is a violation here! Moderator!

GaryG
Gary, how do you feel about irascible and vituperative?

Poor guy mayn't be correct, but that's no excuse for beating him up.

Mark

Old 04-14-2009, 02:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

A small part of this picture is that if the battery is fully charged and you are in "L" the response of the controller is to keep the ICE running so that engine braking is available.

I use "L" only when I specifically want engine or regenerative braking. Otherwise the ICE stays on longer than I want.

But there are more symptoms here than match that.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:47 AM
Active Enthusiast
Post Re: ev battery question!

sorry gary. yes the n tap works, but it jumps right back to ice. it will not stay in ev.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by cowboy
sorry gary. yes the n tap works, but it jumps right back to ice. it will not stay in ev.
Okay Glenn, your problem seems to be torque related in EV mode. Does this happen from start-up and continues till you reset the ignition? Does it always return to normal with a restart or does the restart with the key only work sometimes? Do you have a SGII or factory Nav Sys that has a SoC gauge for seeing battery level? Does the battery charge and seem normal? If your able to go normal EV with just a reset, all this should be normal and your problem is only intermittent caused after shutdown or at start-up.

Look for other abnormal signs when the problem exsist and make sure all ground wires you see have a good clean connection. A problem like this could be anything including a bad accelerator switch. Keep us informed.

GaryG

Quick Reply: ev battery question!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands