FEH perimeter alarm

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 07:25 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: FEH perimeter alarm

Hmmm.... how do you test it without "jimmying" a lock? leave a window down so you can unlock the door by reaching inside and then open it from the outside?

From MY understanding of the manual, you should have an alarm on the first press. At least thats how I read it. Lemme know what it does for you (although I might test it myself)

Old 04-01-2006, 06:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yeah, I was playing around with it today.... and re-reading the manual.

It does lock/arm on the first press. As for testing it, when I went to try it became pretty clear that if everything was locked... how would I open something? Duh!

I do remember several months ago when the PATS issue was being discussed that I did manage to set off the alarm somehow. I distinctly remember that because I was a bit bitter about not having the PATS system that the dealer (and manual) told me it had, but I thought "at least the alarm works." Maybe I was inside and armed it and then opened a door or something.

Old 04-01-2006, 08:52 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

See the truth is all cars have perimeter alarms like this. Its the ultimate "non-feature" feature cause how would anyone know it it was actually installed! Sheer genius. And people think american car companies can't compete.

Obviously I'm being a smart alek but I'm not sure how you test it. I thought about using the window... but I think when you unlock the door from the inside will it disable the alarm? I would guess not because most crooks are going to jimmy (and unlock the door) so it should still be armed. So testing it should be a matter of locking it with the window open, then reaching in and unlocking it.

Other wise there should be a door sensor switch (that controls the dome lamp and such. If you were to hold it in. Then lock the car (arm the alarm) wait 20 seconds (the book says there is a delay) then release the door sensor switch, I'll bet it'll start squeeling like a stuck pig.

Old 04-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

The Perimeter Alarm works on all 2005 and 2006 Escape Hybrids. It is meant to sound the horn during any forceful entry to any door, liftgate, or hood.

It is active on the first keychain press, or if you lock the car manually from the inside. You only get a horn honk if you press twice, of if you don't have everything closed.

The 2005's do not require a "chip key" since they do not have PATS for electronic ignition disable. ( a major bone of contention, since it was "supposed" to be on the 2005's but didn't make it by production date )

A 2005 ( happily, or sadly, depending on how you look at it ) can use any $1 hardware store key to start. No programming required.

-John