Help in " High motor temperature"

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Help in " High motor temperature"

hello guys,
before about 2 months, the weather was extremely hot about 40C and i was driving with high RPM, the a massage " High engine temperature" was appeard, i shot it down for 10 minutes then switch on and every thing going smooth,

today i was driving and a massage " High motor temperature" appears too, the weather was not the hot, and ive checked the coolant water it was cold and the engine was cold too, after 15 minutes of stopping, ive drove the car for an hour at 60km/h after that it disappears,

there was no " service soon " or anything else, plus ive noticed that going in EV drive is really hard specially when i drive in high RPM for a little while.

the batttery cooling system is doing fine, and the fuel consumption is about 11 L/100km, is it fine and whats the problem guys ???

i have ford escape hybrid 2005 4x4

Old 08-25-2011, 07:25 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Help in " High motor temperature"

Sounds like it is the MECS pump. I had it happen to me about a month ago but in my case the ICE shut down while doing 75mph down the highway. Get it into the shop and get it replaced or do it yourself.

Old 11-10-2019, 02:45 PM
Enthusiast

Hi there, you mentioned you changed your Thermostat. I just replaced my water pump and thermostat while I had the rads out for service. My question, how can you fill the rad up with new coolant when the ICE won't kick in on start up? I am accustom to filling the overflow tanks on non Hybrids, starting the vehicles and letting them run while I add coolant to the tank. With the Ford Escape Hybrid, the ICE won't come on long enough to get warm and cycle the coolant through the rad and empty the bottle. Is there maintenance mode on the Escape that will disable the electric motor and let the ice run ?
thank you in advance for your help

Old 11-19-2019, 11:33 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scooby
Hi there, you mentioned you changed your Thermostat. I just replaced my water pump and thermostat while I had the rads out for service. My question, how can you fill the rad up with new coolant when the ICE won't kick in on start up? I am accustom to filling the overflow tanks on non Hybrids, starting the vehicles and letting them run while I add coolant to the tank. With the Ford Escape Hybrid, the ICE won't come on long enough to get warm and cycle the coolant through the rad and empty the bottle. Is there maintenance mode on the Escape that will disable the electric motor and let the ice run ?
thank you in advance for your help
Turn on ac. Cover front of radiator with blanket. Let it idle. Should warm up and stay in ice mode.