High-pitched steady "screech" during EV only

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 09:47 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: High-pitched steady "screech" during EV only

It makes sense that you could hear it easier in EV mode.

I mentioned this thread to my husband and he said he heard that same noise again in some car driving down one of our residential streets. When he looked, it was an Escape....makes me wonder.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:45 PM
Enthusiast

Hate to bring this thread back, but did anyone figure this out? I have a similiar problem that I just noticed on my 2006. I traced mine down to the rear tailgate not sealing in the lower passenger side corner. Whenever I drive above 40 MPH with the windows down I get an annoying whistle from this. I had my wife lay down in the rear area and drove around while she listened and looked for our culprits (this problem and a squeeky shock tower on the rear drivers side). Haven't taken it to the dealer for these yet.

Don

Old 01-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Enthusiast

Another resurrection of this thread - new 2008 MMH, and it's making a terrible whistling/screeching noise when driving on EV with window rolled down. We have a 2007 FEH and it does not make this noise, and it doesn't have anything to do with brakes as far as I can tell. It makes the noise when the accelerator is pressed, and is a quite loud, constant screech.

I also hear a strange whistle/screech when accelerating at 25-30 mph (somewhat hidden by wind and motor noise), and a similar one at 60-65.

I'll try to isolate it further, and plan to take it back to the dealer later this week. Hope we can sort it out. Definitely not normal, in my opinion, and definitely not something the FEH did.