How long is the wait for an '09 FEH?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 05:30 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How long is the wait for an '09 FEH?

I didn't have to pay, sign or supply ANY information (just my name) when I ordered my '08. Then again, things may have changed for the '09s.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

I suppose it depends on what state you live in. In Michigan they have to this because of the highly-constrained number of cars we get per month. The allocation is awful... it gets about 20 FEH's and a handful of MMH's to share across more than 180 dealerships. At that rate each dealer will see about the 2 of them in the entire year -- which is just pathetic.

Ford didn't phone me to verify the app... I just had to submit one even though I wont be using Ford to finance it.

When I ultimately phoned Ford (corporate... not the dealer) to find out why it seems everyone else gets their VIN within a month of placing an order and I'm on 4 months and still waiting for the VIN, we had a long talk. Ford told me what's going on with the car, why they require the dealer to get a credit app (not the dealer's idea), etc. and that's when I was able to find out how many cars were queued up, where I was in the queue, what the monthly allocation was, and _finally_ a fairly reliable idea of when I can actually expect my car to be built (but I still don't have a VIN number).

Old 12-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dvdkirtley
I ordered my '09 FEH on July 28th, so about 7 weeks ago. I'm in St Louis, MO. I called the dealer today just to touch base & check to see if there's a vin # yet. Nope, not yet, but he will call me when he gets it. My order was part of this dealerships allocation of 4 FEH, I got the last one.
Holy cow I got my car!
Last Monday (11-24-08) I got a call from my dealer. As I answered my phone I thought, "finally, they got the vin #!!!" But he had better news: the car had actually arrived, and he was as surprised as I was! We picked it up the next day, Tues, Nov 25, 2008, 4 months after I ordered it. We're still on our first tank and lovin' it.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:06 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dvdkirtley
Holy cow I got my car!
Last Monday (11-24-08) I got a call from my dealer. As I answered my phone I thought, "finally, they got the vin #!!!" But he had better news: the car had actually arrived, and he was as surprised as I was! We picked it up the next day, Tues, Nov 25, 2008, 4 months after I ordered it. We're still on our first tank and lovin' it.
grin. grumble, mutter, sput, spew. grrrrr. only kidding.
I waited 6 months and still did not have a vin #. Congrats on your car. Hope you love yours as I love my MMH that I ended up buying off a dealer lot about 250 miles away. I guess this is a good sign. The times must be getting shorter. I have not been paying attention since I got mine.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:37 AM
Enthusiast

I ordered mine on 5-12-08, and took delivery on 12-6-08, which seems typical. Thanks.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Enthusiast

I can pick mine up on Wednesday. Its been a little over 7 months to get it.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Enthusiast

The batteries must be a choke point or Ford would shift resources and make more FEHs. I am amazed that the wait is still 7 months.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

One guy in my town ordered one (blue, FWD limited) and said if it wasn't here by a certain day, he wasn't going to buy it. For some reason, Ford sent them 2 vehicles and when I found that out, took a test drive and the next day, both of us picked them up (at the same time).

They both lived happily every after.

The End.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Enthusiast

I do not work there but --- I did buy mine from stock at All American Ford in Paramus NJ.. They have them on the lot. Lots of choices. I got the exact one I wanted. So far so good. Only on my second tank. Cold weather, and I guess ethanol is keeping MPG down, but way better than what I was in before. I had a VW Touareg, V8, premium gas only (ouch) and about 12 MPG in winter.