Incentives Now on the Ford Escape Hybrid/Mariner Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 08:15 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Incentives Now on the Ford Escape Hybrid/Mariner Hybrid

Originally Posted by feinstei
First of all, you NEVER have to put down a "deposit" when you order a car. Ford Motor does not require one in order to build a car for a dealership.
Actually you do... I argued against it, but the fact of the matter is you do. You can negotiate what you put down, but some deposit is required. Mine was a little over $500, but some dealerships require up to $2000.

Secondly, the local dealer controls what incentives are available. If you do not believe me, go to http://www.mercuryvehicles.com/shopt...vehicle=&year=

This will basically push you to the local dealer pages....(at least for the hybrids)

My local dealership: http://capitalofcary.com/ Click on Special Offers - New Vehicles.

**** Beware, annoying music playing in background of their website ****

My local dealership has one for the Mariner, but nothing for the Hybrids....I am trying to squeeze them now to extend the $1500 cash back, but I am not making any headway.

The reason I asked about the article link, which you haven't actually provided, is that the dealerships will honor anything coming directly from the manufacturer. Since the manufacturer has nothing listed on their website as well as zero incentives coming up in Concept, means I am SOL for the most part.

-Hexzero

Last edited by Hexzero; 11-28-2005 at 08:18 PM.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:30 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Hexzero:

___Are you eligible to receive the Ford X or A plan through your employer? If so, that is worth ~ $3K < MSRP.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 11-28-2005, 08:55 PM
Enthusiast

Come on HexZer, just go to www.ford.com, choose "Mercury", and choose "Keep It Simple" pricing RIGHT ON THE MERCURY HOMEPAGE!!! sheesh!

As far as your assertion of the dealership requiring a deposit, I ordered a "Job 2" Escape Hybrid from my local Ford dealer (it was delivered about 3 weeks ago) and no deposit was asked for or required. Ford Motor Company does NOT require any deposit (and I know, I work for them and I've asked) in order to build a custom-ordered vehicle.

Old 11-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Enthusiast

For anyone needing the equivalent Ford Escape link, go to:

http://www.fordvehicles.com/keepitsi...icle/index.asp

Old 11-29-2005, 11:05 AM
Enthusiast

zzz Okay. You ordred your Job 2 escape... Congrats. Order a Mercury and then come back and talk to me. Same company different policies on vehicles. Different incentives.
You now bore me, so the conversation is finished. You have not ordered a Mercury Hybrid.....

Old 11-29-2005, 11:08 AM
Enthusiast

Wayne...

No, unfortanetly my employer does not participate.... (Yet)