Intermittent P0A1F

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2020, 04:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Intermittent P0A1F

Soldier on. It looks good now. Hopefully the P0A1F is resolved.

Old 11-24-2020, 09:59 AM
Enthusiast

Nope. Not the BCM, unless this one is also a dud. I have a third one....
What's the next thing I should try?
===PCM DTC P0A1F:00-AF===
Code: P0A1F - Battery Energy Control Module A Performance

- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is On for this DTC

Module: Powertrain Control Module

===END PCM DTC P0A1F:00-AF===

===PCM DTC P2450:00-64===
Code: P2450 - EVAP System Switching Valve A Perfomance/Stuck Open

- DTC Maturing - Intermittent at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC
- Test not complete

Module: Powertrain Control Module

===END PCM DTC P2450:00-64===

===OBDII DTC P0A1F-C===
Code: P0A1F - Battery Energy Control Module A Performance

- Confirmed - malfunction is confirmed

Module: On Board Diagnostic II

===END OBDII DTC P0A1F-C===

===BCM DTC P0A1F-60===
Code: P0A1F - Battery Energy Control Module

Module: Battery Control Module

===END BCM DTC P0A1F-60===

===HVAC DTC B12A5-60===
Code: B12A5 - Mode Door Actuator, Feedback Circuit Open or Shorted to Battery Voltage

Module: Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning

===END HVAC DTC B12A5-60===

===HVAC DTC B12A6-20===
Code: B12A6 - Mode Door Actuator, Feedback Circuit Open or Shorted to Battery Voltage

- Previously Set DTC - Not Present at Time of Request

Module: Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning

===END HVAC DTC B12A6-20===

Old 11-24-2020, 10:23 AM

P0A1F_31 battery module voltage deviation fault present is finally coupled with a DEL_MOD_V difference of 0.31 with a slight .09A charging current.

These individually do not necessarily trigger a concern, but both may possibly indicate an individual cell failure or weakness.

I recommend you start the vehicle, place it in "N" and load the battery up with anything electrical you can... lights, rear defogger, blower with no A/C or front defrost enabled.

Record and WATCH the DEL_MOD_V number. If this number increases as SoC decreases, that's a strong indication of a failing cell.

Old 12-04-2020, 09:32 AM
Enthusiast

I have established that most likely this is a cell failure. I am having some problems with disassembly. How do you remove the bolt pictured? My sockets won't fit in the hole, and the needle nose pliers won't fit and turn. I watched three disassemble videos and they all have the phillpis screws in the holes. I have all phillpis but three are socket...

Picture of the socket. I have three like this, but all the others were phillips.

10mm will not fit. It gets stuck on the soldered connection . Even if I broke the soldered connection, all I will do is free the circuit board, not the plastic top shelf.

Old 12-04-2020, 09:57 AM

Did you see an increasing DEL_MOD_V?

Something like these if you can find them?

https://www.grainger.com/product/1LNX5

IMHO, even with a lot of experience building batteries, I would personally find a salvage yard unit of ~100K miles from a mild climate, charge if needed and install. I just don't see the pay off with rebuilding such a complex pack. You may get out of it cheaply, and it may be fine. I just don't have the patience for that.

Old 12-05-2020, 09:07 AM
Enthusiast

That set didn't fit. NOTHING FITS!!! How the hell did they get these bolts in there!? I can't tap it out,the bolt is to hard. I stripped it useing needle nose pliers in a pathetic attempt to turn it. We have given up and are throwing in the towel. We called 23 scrap yards in a 3 hour radius. Only one has batteries, they strip them from the vehicle and stack them. So there is no way of telling how many miles were on each of the batteries.
So here I am. I have spent over $500 on this so far and over 40 hours. I dont care anymore. I am just going to buy a refurbished battery and call it a day. I found a guy selling one for $2500. If anyone else can point me in the direction of an honest seller please do. I am at point f**k it and will throw money at them.

Old 12-05-2020, 08:31 PM
Active Enthusiast

dorman remanufatures that battery - up to 09.
517-013 But darn has the price ever gone up (in the last few months).
best i saw was on amazon at 4903 and free shipping.
but i think that oreilly sell that and the price is less (but perhaps has
gone up too since i last checked).
last i checked it was 3200 at oreilly,
but their web site does not bring it up.
dont know if you are around an oreilly (they are not in every state);
i dont think there would be shipping charges at oreilly either.
just found greentec - they got one at 1995 (least cost and of course the warranty is 12 months at that price)
they show to be in 20 cities in the US

Old 12-08-2021, 12:40 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wing43215
I have established that most likely this is a cell failure. I am having some problems with disassembly. How do you remove the bolt pictured? My sockets won't fit in the hole, and the needle nose pliers won't fit and turn. I watched three disassemble videos and they all have the phillpis screws in the holes. I have all phillpis but three are socket...

Picture of the socket. I have three like this, but all the others were phillips.

10mm will not fit. It gets stuck on the soldered connection . Even if I broke the soldered connection, all I will do is free the circuit board, not the plastic top shelf.

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread but an obscure search of a Sanyo part number brought me to this thread! I have acquired this EV battery from a friend and I have had no luck getting more info on it!. I saw the photos and recognized this extremely heavy monster and figured I would inquire. I will read thru the thread and see if it gives me more info, but this is what I have guessed at so far: (I am a complete newbie when it comes to EV Batteries so keep that in mind, but quickly see this becoming a hobby) Heavy as hell 52v is what I am reading as is, lifepo4, green in color which looks like 5 32650's in series glued together. the voltage per 5 pack is approx 2.7v 26 total.

Thanks

Larrrrry

Old 12-08-2021, 02:00 PM

Sanyo "D" cells, not 32650. NiMH, 1.2V nominal.

They are welded.

If you're looking for LFP, you're in for disappointment. These cells CAN'T be placed in parallel due to their chemistry.

There is very little useful you can do with these.

Old 12-08-2021, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by wing43215
Replaced the BCM with a new one. I cleared the DTC's and ran a Rmode re-balence twice (about 15 mins each). There are no BCM DTCs, but there are still battery faults. See below.

What is my next step? I know that as soon as I put 10 miles or more, I will probabley trigger the DTC again.
Where did you locate a new BCM? Thank you.

Quick Reply: Intermittent P0A1F

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands