problems using 110 volt outlet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 11:30 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: problems using 110 volt outlet?

By the way everyone. I promised a o-scope shot of the output but from the looks of it the scope I have access to doesn't have probes that can take 120VAC. Sorry!!! If I find some that do I'll take a trace but I'm not sure where I'll find some.

Old 08-13-2006, 10:38 AM
Enthusiast

Pravus,

You wrote: "Some guy at the FEH Experience had complained, and the engineers there modified his AC Power outlet so that it would give more power, so something of his would run propery.

If it's a problem, you may want to contact them and see if they'd do that for you too."

I believe "some guy" was the PBS TV engineer from the Northeast that was running his Ham Radio out of his Escape Hybrid. His power supply was OK (level and isolation), but I think he was still picking up some EMI from the hybrid's electronics on his Ham. I believe they hooked him up with a ground strap that had gone into production after he had purchased his Escape. They didn't upgrade his power supply.

Old 08-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by buyhevs
Pravus,

You wrote: "Some guy at the FEH Experience had complained, and the engineers there modified his AC Power outlet so that it would give more power, so something of his would run propery.

If it's a problem, you may want to contact them and see if they'd do that for you too."

I believe "some guy" was the PBS TV engineer from the Northeast that was running his Ham Radio out of his Escape Hybrid. His power supply was OK (level and isolation), but I think he was still picking up some EMI from the hybrid's electronics on his Ham. I believe they hooked him up with a ground strap that had gone into production after he had purchased his Escape. They didn't upgrade his power supply.
Nope. Actually it was for the owners wife to use her hair dryer when they were on vacation or camping or somesuch. Everyone in my session was curious as to what needed more power, and it turned out to be the hair dryer she uses.

I hadn't heard about any problems with HAM radio, though I'm not surprised.