Scanguage code for Soc

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 01:32 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Scanguage code for Soc

I noticed that too, the #s are all over the board!

I converted the hex #s to decimal and they make no sense at all. The first # in decimal is 18539

the second # is 39019

my dash gauge shows the battery level to be about 75% full.

Old 08-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

If you read post #1, you need to multiply your result by a scale factor of 0.001526.

Your 18539 = 28.29
Your 39019 = 59.54

These "could" be percent of battery charge.

You car probably never charges past 80% SOC to extend battery life.
So 80% really = 100 or "full" on your dash display.

Your visual indicator was about 75% you say?
75% of 80 = 60 VERY close to your data of 59.54.

Your data of 28.29 would be a visual icon of about one-fourth full.
Was your dashboard display at one-fourth when you got 18539?

You may be onto something. Or this may be an amazing coincidence!
-John

P.S. keep up the good work boys.... I'd love a number for SOC in my FEH.
Not just a low-res bar graph!

Old 08-01-2006, 05:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hi John,

When I took the readings, the car hadnt moved any, I was poking around in the various registers of the obdII to see what I could see,

The first value was taken seconds after starting the engine and the second one might have been one minute later. The values were constantly changing but I did not take note if they were increasing or not, they were just changing,

Then when I mulitplied it out, I came out with the values you did BUT didnt even think it could be %of current charge, I had tunnel vision and thought it might should be reading closer to 144 volts, BUT after reading your reply, I am more interested in trying it again when I get a chance.

Interesting thing is, if it did charge that much, it did so without displaying that the batteries WERE being charged, At times it will show them charging while just sitting there and not moving.

I am confident there is a lot of stuff happening behind the scenes that is not reported to the owner, so it could have been charging, thus the increase in possible %. The bar graph gauge did not change any while I was messing around looking at values on the scangauge,

Seems to me these hybrids are pretty well thought out and that they perform whatrever it takes to stay within parameters without human intervention.

The more I investigate the more confident I become with this hah.

I will post more values and see if I can lower the charge level at an auto-stop with the ac and lights on to give it a work out.

ALSO, I dont know if any of you have tried this or not, I have and the results were interesting.

I removed one of the battery leads for a min or so and reconnected it. Started the car and holy cow! The whole system seemed to do a reboot. It was charging like I had never seen before and the assist was happening like never before too.

Then after a few miles, all settled back down and acting normal. I would not hesitate to do this again if I had any concerns with the batteries not charging.

BEWARE though, when removing the leads from the battery. It put me in a panic when I had to find the security code for my stereo ! It felt it was unplugged and powered up in another car perhaps. It could have been an UGLY situation had I not found the code.

Remember, do all you read and hear about at your own risk!

Tony

Old 08-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

You removed the leads from the ****12V**** battery I assume.... You weren't playing with the 330V in the back, I'd think that would be something I wouldn't mess with

Old 08-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yes, the 12 volt battery.

Not 100% sure, I think my system runs at 144volts. I have a HAH.

Old 08-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

Tony, how did your first response "486bo8410e919b" get translated to 18539? Sure it's 0x486B, which is the first part of your response, but that is identical to the first part of your second response that you converted to 39019.

Just curious how you're getting this data. Plus you're doing this on a Honda, attempting to access Ford enhanced obd2 information that is part of the non-standard portion that the manufacturers can do what they want with. The SoC is by no means part of the codes that are required to be present for emissions purposes on all vehicles..

Old 08-01-2006, 05:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

[img]image.php?u=3139&dateline=1134017919[/img] everythingsgonegreen,

What I did was plug the #s I got into a hex to decimal convertor and then multiplied by the value in this message thread,

I just looked for my scratch paper with the figures on it but its out in the trash already.

I am getting these values out of the system by using a tool known as a ScanGauge. I hope this is what your question was actually asking.

True, I am aware that the code is not necessarily for the HAH. I was only thinking that perhaps the manufacturers actually come up with a code location that will be used across the board as perhaps an o2 or egr sensor may do. Nothing is concrete here, I am also curious about the on-board batteries and simply plugged in the values listed in this thread is all. Not thinking these are accurate till we learn more.

Let me know if I understood the question about How I got the values correctly.

tony

Old 08-01-2006, 05:59 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TonyK
Yes, the 12 volt battery.

Not 100% sure, I think my system runs at 144volts. I have a HAH.
Opps... I hadn't checked. Welcome to listening in to us FEH owners!

Old 08-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

I don't mean how you obtained the hex numbers, I mean how you came across the decimal, as I could see how a hex -> dec conversion would handle the first response stopping at the first non-hex digit ( o ) in what you're converting, but I'm confused at how you came to the decimal responses.

486bo8410e919b was your first posted response, you converted to dec as 18539 which is actually 0x486B in hex (same as the first 4 digits of both responses).

Second was 486bo8410c0a8496 which you said converted to 39019 which is 0x986B in hex.

So my question is more how you came to convert these longer strings into these decimal values.

Old 08-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

everythingsgonegreen,

Now I see your question accuratley, however I can not replicate the results using the hex-> decimal converter I found on line.

I was using a small piece of scrap paper and it was loaded with all sorts of scribbling. I had tossed it as it made no sense to me, until John suggested it could be a % value which could be a possibility.

I know for a fact the memory location was constantly changing values and I only recorded the first and last one before pulling the scan gauge out of the connector under the dash.

Hex #s are not my native lingo so I could probably have easily made an error, It looks like I did too. sorry.

I will re-try all this first chance I get.

Tony

Quick Reply: Scanguage code for Soc

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands