Scanguage code for Soc

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 09:04 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: Scanguage code for Soc

Were the values changing slowly, and in a constant direction? ( going up the whole time or going down the whole time ) or could you tell?

25% battery to 75% battery should take at least 3-4 minutes ( going by a Ford Escape ) Which I think is amazingly fast, but should be slow enough that the numbers, if percent, should not be random.

Have a SG myself, but have never played with the code features.... Yet.....

-John

Old 08-02-2006, 03:12 AM
Active Enthusiast

gpsman1,

well get that SG out and see what it does !

I didnt note if the values were going up or down. One reason is my mind is not tuned to hex # counting so they were just rapidly changing #s with each push of the sg button to query the register. The button has to be pressed for each sampling, that is how I see it anyways, Second reason I didnt look too hard is I didnt see the charge gauge on the dash indicate charging activity so I kinda sorta blew off what I was seeing. Lastly, there is no telling if the same register in the HAH stores the same info as the FEH, I was just snooping around is all.

Old 02-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Enthusiast
Post Re: Scanguage code for Soc

Originally Posted by everythingsgonegreen
So after thinking about it, the scaling factor makes perfect sense. The car will respond with a 16-bit unsigned value with a maximum of 65535, and multiplied by the mentioned .001526, gives a value d of 100.0079, which woulessentially just be taking the range 0-65535 and converting the values to 0-100 to give the percentage. This works for what the person at the scan tool company mentioned, and is similar to what I had seen in some obd2 software.

I should have my scantool ready tomorrow, and will be able to plug it in and test this out.
If we take the two numbers that TonyK provided us with:
"486bo8410e919b
another one was
486bo8410c0a8496"

we know that the number is a 16-bit unsigned value, so take the right most digits:
919Bh = 37275
8496h = 33942

multiply by the scale factor of .001526

37275 * .001526 = 56.88165
and
33942 * .001526 = 51.795492

now if we assume that these are percents, they make sense.

the indicator was about 75%, 75% of 80% is 60, and that is not too far from 56.88165%. This method also seems to indicate that the SoC isn't changing as quickly, witch makes more sense to me.

Old 07-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Has anyone been able to get a response from their SC to the SoC request in an '05 or '06 FEH? For some reason now I can only get a response to the High Voltage battery voltage PID of $490B. The SoC PID of $4923 and the current PID of $4915 return nothing.......

The scaling for the unsigned SoC percent is (hex value converted to decimal)/655.36 --> max=100%
The scaling for the signed high voltage battery voltage/current is (hex value converterted to decimal)/32.768 --> max =1000V

I really hope that at HF Ron presents an firmware upgrade path to add these to the guage mode of the SC. If hybrid enhanced PIDs are uniform, there is a chance......

Last edited by DesertDog; 07-24-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:43 PM

I've tried everything in this thread, and the only thing I managed to do was get the SG to display different character sets ( like fonts ).

I got Chinese characters once and Greek characters once.

This was on a SG1.

Word on the street is, future versions of the SG will have SOC.

P.S. Now that I know what I am doing ( I Think ) I can get 490B to work as expected.

Last edited by gpsman1; 07-24-2007 at 07:03 PM. Reason: P.S.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by gpsman1
I've tried everything in this thread, and the only thing I managed to do was get the SG to display different character sets ( like fonts ).

I got Chinese characters once and Greek characters once.

This was on a SG1.

Word on the street is, future versions of the SG will have SOC.
That's right John, I spoke with Ron Delong at Hybridfest and soon those folks that have to newer SG2 can send their units back to LL for reflashing for all the new capabilities. DesertDog (Carl) gave me some data that I passed on to Ron for programming battery SoC. Ron indicated that was the data he needed for programming the FEH/MMH SoC. Ron said he would try to provide instructions on their website for programming the SG for battery SoC in the near future.

Also, the SG2 has a side plug that will allow user to connect additional SG2's so that you can display 4 more gauges for each SG2 you add. This will be very helpful to allow you to view many more gauges without changing the modes on the first SG2. I have the navi which allows me to monitor SoC at the same time I view the SG2 trip information that helps very much. I may just buy one more SG2 with the new programming and send my other one back later if I feel the need. Personally, I like the SoC to be displayed in percentages where 40% would be the low and 60% would be the max. We know that 53% is the level that MG1 quits charging to allow regen to take the battery level up to 6o% max. These are important levels to monitor IMO. If we can get DesertDog to work with Ron, the SG2 will fly off the shelfs from even people like me who already have the nav system.

GaryG

Old 07-24-2007, 11:36 AM

I would buy a newer one with the added feature of HV battery SOC.
If SOC is possible, then HV Batt voltages should also be possible.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by GaryG
That's right John, I spoke with Ron Delong at Hybridfest and soon those folks that have to newer SG2 can send their units back to LL for reflashing for all the new capabilities. DesertDog (Carl) gave me some data that I passed on to Ron for programming battery SoC. Ron indicated that was the data he needed for programming the FEH/MMH SoC. Ron said he would try to provide instructions on their website for programming the SG for battery SoC in the near future.

GaryG

I didn't go to his presentation, since I didn't have a Scangauge then. Since I do now, this is great news!

Old 07-24-2007, 02:10 PM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

GaryG — Did Ron DeLong give any indication whether corresponding SoC information would be available for other hybrids, like my TCH? What would be very nice to have would also be: MG1's and MG2's rpm, and the transaxle temperature; and NiMH battery current, temperature, and voltage. I wonder whether anybody has figured out the OBDII query codes for this information in either of our vehicles? Do you know?

Stan

Old 07-24-2007, 02:28 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

If you have a SC, go to MORE>MORE>MODE or MORE>MODE>READ to find your protocol

If you have CANxx, just send 224923 for SoC but doesn't work for FEH (usually)
If you have PWM, send 616AF1224923
If you VPW or ISO, send 686AF1224923

Could be it's the same PID as Ford, but I doubt it.....

Transmission temp might be the same, its PID is 1674

Quick Reply: Scanguage code for Soc

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands