Scanguage code for Soc

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit
Default Re: Scanguage code for Soc

IIRC the mode 6 and above data is proprietary and very different from manufacture to manufacture.

Old 07-24-2007, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by SPL
GaryG — Did Ron DeLong give any indication whether corresponding SoC information would be available for other hybrids, like my TCH? What would be very nice to have would also be: MG1's and MG2's rpm, and the transaxle temperature; and NiMH battery current, temperature, and voltage. I wonder whether anybody has figured out the OBDII query codes for this information in either of our vehicles? Do you know?

Stan
Hi Stan

Ron said we would be able to add up to 25 gauges, but he didn't say if that was for each additional SG2. DesertDog is now the go between with Ron, but Ron said trans temp and many other gauges could be programmed with the SG2. He was having some glitches with CAN that he thought would have been cleared up before Hybridfest, but they were not. As you know, CAN bus will be required in vehicles by '08, and LL will be prepared according to Ron. The SG2 also will provide in the hundreds readings with the new programming. DesertDog should be able to help everyone find the codes we need in each of our makes and models now. Ron said he hopes to post these codes on their websites so special gauges could be programmed to each make and model. From what he stated, he feels the hybrid hypermilers are more interested in this information, so I think LL sees a big market with us.

GaryG

Last edited by GaryG; 07-24-2007 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

Holy cow, this is awesome news. Many thanks to Gary, John, Stan, Carl, and Ron for working so hard on this. I think my SG2 is about six months old, so I'll be eagerly looking for information on whether or not it can be sent in to be updated for this valuable information (I am NAV-less so I have never seen SoC information).

Old 07-25-2007, 07:59 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Yea, I would like to update my SG II also.

I lost my SOC when I dumped the POS factory NAV in favor of an awesome aftermarket unit.

~John

Old 07-25-2007, 02:01 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My scanguage II is less than four months old. I am interested in any updated version.

Old 07-25-2007, 02:57 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by Billyk
My scanguage II is less than four months old. I am interested in any updated version.

Heh, mine is 3 days old.

Old 07-26-2007, 07:40 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Point of clarity please. If I purchase the new SGII now will it have the updated software? If not will some one post when it is available?

Old 07-26-2007, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mark E Smith
Point of clarity please. If I purchase the new SGII now will it have the updated software? If not will some one post when it is available?
Wait till someone confirms the update software is available on the new units. Ron was going to e-mail me when it's ready, but I plan to call him next week for an update. I'll post as soon as I find out.

GaryG

Old 07-26-2007, 07:57 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Thanks GaryG and congrats on your win at hybridfeast