HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005

Airbag light

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Airbag light

Originally Posted by poscivic
Do you know what what code you were getting when the light was on? I wish mine was that simple.

I actually didn't bother getting the codes at that point in time because that would be my last option if the cleaning of the contact in the buckle fails. I think your buckle is fine; the problem is on the tensioner based on the codes you got. Maybe the rocker assy or some part got stucked.

Last edited by bgkz25; 01-10-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

UPDATE. 1-28-2012,

So i brought my car to Honda for oil change and mention to the guy that my srs light was on. He said he would tell the tech to pull the code then let me know how much it would cost to fix, if it is not cover under warranty. Came back with 3-1 seat belt tensioner like i thought, he said he would check with his manager if it was covered but he will not be in until Monday. Mean time I thank him and drove my car home. But as i got in my car to drive home, there was no light! to my surprise. I must have not been doing the resting wrong the whole time. Hopefully the light doesn't come back.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by poscivic
UPDATE. 1-28-2012,

So i brought my car to Honda for oil change and mention to the guy that my srs light was on. He said he would tell the tech to pull the code then let me know how much it would cost to fix, if it is not cover under warranty. Came back with 3-1 seat belt tensioner like i thought, he said he would check with his manager if it was covered but he will not be in until Monday. Mean time I thank him and drove my car home. But as i got in my car to drive home, there was no light! to my surprise. I must have not been doing the resting wrong the whole time. Hopefully the light doesn't come back.
That's good news! no hassle of paying too much!

Old 02-13-2012, 05:40 PM
Enthusiast

I took my 2003 hybird auto in for the 11-043 update pcm and airbag recall check.
The ripoff dealer (sunnyside in middleburg hts, ohio) wanted $119.95 to diagnosis the SRS light on.
I told them no thanks.
I will check and clean the buckle, thanks for the info.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:57 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rickhandling
I took my 2003 hybird auto in for the 11-043 update pcm and airbag recall check.
The ripoff dealer (sunnyside in middleburg hts, ohio) wanted $119.95 to diagnosis the SRS light on.
I told them no thanks.
I will check and clean the buckle, thanks for the info.

Try cleaning both passenger and driver side buckles; then do the reset. Hope it gets fixed.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Enthusiast

Hi guys and gal, Are you guys talking about the Side airbag here. Cause mine keep going on and off. Any Idea? thanks

Old 02-14-2012, 10:51 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bunso
Hi guys and gal, Are you guys talking about the Side airbag here. Cause mine keep going on and off. Any Idea? thanks

Yup, we are talking about the whole SRS system; which ever causes the SRS indicator to stay lit for that matter (buckle, tensioner, etc). You could try suggestions made by the members here, like mine for instance, my problem is the buckle and poscivic, he has a tensioner problem.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

Have you tried to get the code using the method on this website? http://sites.google.com/site/hondalioness/srs

Try the srs resetting method, I used a paperclip but maybe I wasn't making good enough contact or not hold it long enough to clear the code. Not really sure why.

Here is the reset i used, just keep trying. method http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t4ds...feature=relmfu

Old 02-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Enthusiast

Ok, thanks for the reply. My problem is Side airbag light will lit. If I give a passenger chair a good tap light will goes out. Dont know why any idea? thanks

Old 02-16-2012, 07:24 AM
Active Enthusiast

Sounds like you go something going on with the weight sensor. Just a guess but have you check under to see if any cable are loose or if there is like a water bottle or something under there?

Quick Reply: Airbag light

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands