HCH I-Specific Discussions Model Years 2003–2005
View Poll Results: When your heater knob is turned to 62, do you still get VERY hot air blowing out?
yes
25.00%
no
75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Does this happen to you?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 09:42 AM
Enthusiast
Default Does this happen to you?

We live in Massachusetts, where it gets cold in the winter. We have a 2005 HCH. When we have the heat on, REGARDLESS of whether the **** is at the 62, 72, or 82 mark, once the car heats up it will blow super hot air out of the vents. We bought a thermometer specifically to test this and the air temp coming out of the vents is 170 degress F. That would be all fine and dandy if it would cool back down once the car gets hot, or would cool down when we turn the **** down to 62 because we're DYING in the car, but that's not what happens. It continues to blow this hot air for a good 10-20 minutes, to the point where we shut the vents and open the windows.

The dealership said it's normal. We went to Honda headquarters who said they agree with the dealership.

So, let's see if it's normal: Does your heater send out such hot temps when your **** is set at 62??

Old 11-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Think green.
Default Re: Does this happen to you?

No way, Jose.

I put a link in the other thread to an older thread in which someone mentioned something similar. What you may have is a bad ambient temperature sensor. Anyway, read through the thread in the following link. This person was having problems with their climate control and IMA, and it wound up being a simple case of a bad temp sensor:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...working-24800/

Old 11-28-2010, 06:34 AM

I've noticed both my HCH and Insight tend to blast hot air after I have driven a considerable distance. Well after the car has "warmed up" they will suddenly start venting really hot air. I have to turn the temp **** to the lowest setting to get get cooler air.

Mostly I just crack a window though.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Enthusiast

i dont know if you all know this or not but when you push the reserculate butten it dosent pump nearly as much as when butten is unpresed. this is becouse forward speed of your car is pumping air throw your mini radaiator coil under your dash. also this air should be cooler when you have your cabin temp on cool. if not it might be becouse the valve that stops coolent from running trow your heater coil is leaking. or isnt closing all the way you can look for this valve its behind your glove box. this valve is also electronicaly acuwated and the actuwator might not be working like it should or not at all