HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

2008 HCHII, Silver, No Nav

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 01:29 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2008 HCHII, Silver, No Nav

I got it today! Down-payment on May 31, delivered July 26. 8 week wait; car was built June 25, so about 4.5 weeks from build completion to delivery.

My first new car. I'm 39 years old. Been driving a Miata for 12 years up until today. I love the car. I've only driven it a few miles from the dealership, but am looking forward to the commute on Monday morning.

I think I have a little learning to do, with regard to maximizing mileage, but I'm already very aware of the readouts. Amazing how important that instant feedback is for making me be conscious of my fuel efficiency and encouraging me to take it easy.

Anyway, very happy to have the car. Love the style, interior, and driving feel.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:17 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2008 HCHII, Silver, No Nav

congrats on the car!!! but....no nav??? Really???

Old 07-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nark
congrats on the car!!! but....no nav??? Really???
I know this may be hard to believe, but I actually know how to get to work.

Besides, for long trips, I have a navigation system called Wife 2.0. When I need directions, I stop at a gas station and send my Wife 2.0 in. The Wife then comes out with directions, and the Wife can be programmed to come out with candy and soda too.

Just don't ask me how much I have to pay for this service.

Old 07-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Did you keep your Miata? I kept mine. I don't use it much anymore ,but still enjoy going out in it on occation. You will have fun with your new HCH as it takes some learning. Fun car as well! The HCH handles very similiar to the Miata. Mine is a 1993 se model. H

Old 07-26-2008, 04:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nehch2
I know this may be hard to believe, but I actually know how to get to work.
Oh thats cool, makes one of us. I tend to get lost going to work all the time. The nav also has the audio integrated as well as a compact flash card ;p, way worth it, at least for me....

Originally Posted by nehch2
Besides, for long trips, I have a navigation system called Wife 2.0. When I need directions, I stop at a gas station and send my Wife 2.0 in. The Wife then comes out with directions, and the Wife can be programmed to come out with candy and soda too.

Just don't ask me how much I have to pay for this service.
Oh yeah? Are you planning to upgrade to Wife 3.0? I hear they are coming out this year. I can't wait. They will have more features such as the ability to shut up on command. But I am not sure if I want to be locked in with the required lifetime contract ya know. I am sure I would want to switch to a new provider at some point ;p.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

LOL, great comments nark.

I guess I must be slightly old school...well, used to be atleast. I got these great huge pieces of paper from my local AAA building, called maps. You know, those things you open up while doing 80 down the highway to try to figure out where you are and where you needed to go.

See, though, I never get lost. I just end up taking a more scenic route than the original plotted course :-)...sometimes it does require back tracking, but that is just to get a better view of that particular area haha

Old 07-26-2008, 07:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wick1ert
LOL, great comments nark.

I guess I must be slightly old school...well, used to be atleast. I got these great huge pieces of paper from my local AAA building, called maps. You know, those things you open up while doing 80 down the highway to try to figure out where you are and where you needed to go.
gee, you must be old school!!! you only drive 80? dude thats slower than molasses.....but all jokes aside, I don't know spanish dude, never heard of the word "maps" before. Must be an archaic form of the word "gps," which I am familiar with.

Originally Posted by wick1ert
See, though, I never get lost. I just end up taking a more scenic route than the original plotted course :-)...sometimes it does require back tracking, but that is just to get a better view of that particular area haha
me neither, I just arrive at a destination I never intended to arrive in the first place ;p.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harold
Did you keep your Miata? I kept mine. I don't use it much anymore ,but still enjoy going out in it on occation. You will have fun with your new HCH as it takes some learning. Fun car as well! The HCH handles very similiar to the Miata. Mine is a 1993 se model. H
Hi Harold,

My 95 M-Edition has to go. I'm paying enough insurance as it is! But the memories should last a few years. And my increased insurance premiums (due to various and sundry tickets) will last a few more.

It's great that you got to hang on to yours.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:34 PM
Great Mileage and Green

No navigation system nor wife here....and I seldom get lost...well that I will admit to in any case. Enjoy your new car.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:48 AM
Excited to have it!

Congrats on the new car...exactly like mine...I got mine on the 10th.

I also chose not to get the Navi. I thought it was too much money and not terribly useful to me. Maybe if it showed live traffic or Google Maps...

I use Google Maps on my cell phone and it now shows traffic for my commute.

Quick Reply: 2008 HCHII, Silver, No Nav

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands