HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Civic Hybrid Battery

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 07:43 AM
Enthusiast
Default Civic Hybrid Battery

Hi Folks,

Oy vey. Wow, the companies that can do the replacement of my 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid battery [rebuilt] have all quoted me a price around, plus or mines a few hundred bucks, $3600.0!

What less costly alternatives do I have? I've been scared off of doing the work myself considering that I could electrocute myself, but I'm handy with a wrench so I would consider that option. The car has +/- 128K miles on it. I don't want to sell it.

Your suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bart

Old 09-01-2016, 10:02 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Civic Hybrid Battery

Whatever you do, do NOT go with a "reconditioned" battery. You'll be lucky to get anything beyond any warranty offered. I have touched 12 of these pack and from those 12, I got 3 that worked okay.

I install:

http://www.bumblebeebatteries.com

Where are you located?

First, we're talking maybe 175V here. If you're handy with a wrench and don't feel the urge to stick your tongue to the battery terminals like kids do with 9 volts (maybe that was just me?), then you're fine. Bumblebee has instructions on how to do it. When you've done it as many times as I have, a full start to finish swap is 20 minutes provided the upper seat cushion hooks aren't total bastards about going back in.

Old 09-02-2016, 06:32 AM
Enthusiast

I'm in the Richmond VA area.

Old 09-02-2016, 07:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Just checking to see if you were nearby.