HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Extended Warranty worth it? Anyone else purchase it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 12:26 PM
.!.
Default Re: Extended Warranty worth it? Anyone else purchase it?

I too got the 6yr/120000 mile EW. I got it primarily to cover items such as the navigation system, the car's computer, climate control and things of that nature that tend to break as well.

Old 05-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Enthusiast

I got the extended warranty too, 7 years. I figure this way I don't have anything to worry about if something major like the transmission goes or some of the computer controls.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:11 AM
Active Enthusiast

KenKobra:
No, I actually bought my EW from a dealer in Louisiana because it was cheaper for me. I think the sight was mossisboss.com and I dealt with a person named Pascal who was a finance person I believe. Saccucci was actually higher for me since I live in RI and only out of state buyers get the better rates for some reason. Go figure huh? And Saccucci is about 1 mile frm where I work. After I purchased my warranty I got my paperwork about 2 weeks later from Honda of America.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:46 PM
Energy Independence

I bought my 8/120 EW from Saccucci. I got the paperwork in the mail shortly thereafter. The paperwork (Vehicle Service Contract) actually comes from Chatsworth, California, from Honda Financial Services.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cawfebug
Hello,

I have a deposit on a hybrid. I have had a lot of cars and have never purchased the extended warranty. I thought it might be nice to have since people kind of freak when it comes to engine shut off battery (thinking of resale). I have had many other Hondas and haven't had any major issues...

Honda gave me a few numbers: are these negotable - I've heard of other companies offering ext. warr too - any good ones I should look into?

6 yr. $1175 $100 deductable
7 yr. $1400 $100 deductable
8 yr. 120k $1500 $100 deductable

Can others give me your experience w/ ext. warranty?

thanks in advance!
Todd
I ended up not getting the extended warranty. All of my honda's have been very solid, and they have always taken care of us, so I figured the base would do.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Enthusiast

Seems to me the value of the extended warranty largely depends on the price of it. I was offered such a warranty on my Toyota Highlander Hybrid for $1700 (covers the time frame from 60K miles to 100k miles). A coverage of about 2 yrs at my annual mileage rate. So far I have not bought it, doesn't seem like a good value.

Old 03-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Enthusiast

This is the first Honda/ Acura I bought the manufacturer extended warranty for. I wanted a little insurance since I don't know much about the Hybrids parts and labor. I bought my Hondacare online from Saccucci Honda. They had the best price. My dealer wouldn't even discuss Hondacare once I told them I got a price from Saccucci.

GEICO has an extended warranty you can purchase on a new car if you have their car insurance. It used to be a lifetime warranty prior to the early 2000s, now it's 7yrs/90K or something like that. I had two clutch repairs and a starter done on my 1996 Acura Integra, and an Alternator done on my 2003 Subaru Forester. It costs about $20 per 6 months (comes on your car insurance bill) and there is a $200 deductible. Both times my clutch replacements were well over $1,500 and the alternator on the Subaru was $735, so I've made out so far. Also when I had the starter replaced they negotiated a refurbished original Honda Starter with a 3yr/36,000mi replacement warranty. You can bring the car to any shop and they will pay the shop by credit card right away, no need for you to pay, other than the deductible and the shop doesn't wait to be paid.