HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Interior Bue LED Illumination Kit...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 12:53 AM
Enthusiast
Default Interior Bue LED Illumination Kit...

Hi there all,

I was just wondering if anyone had this kit installed? Where did you get it? Is it worth to pay $100 just for the parts and can you easily install it yourself? Do you have some photos? Please help... I really love my car and want to get the most out of it by adding some nice extras. I saw some pictures online and liked the look of it as the kit perfectly matches the blue background color of the odometer and all... thank you in advance...

Old 08-02-2006, 06:23 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Interior Bue LED Illumination Kit...

Here is a link to a dealer e-store near me. It has a link to installation instructions.

http://www.bernardiparts.com/Product...=08E10-SNA-110

Note that there is a boxed in area stating that the installation should not be attempted by "do-it-yourselfers." Not sure if you consider yourself one of these.

Old 08-02-2006, 06:58 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by mucesur
Hi there all,

I was just wondering if anyone had this kit installed? Where did you get it? Is it worth to pay $100 just for the parts and can you easily install it yourself? Do you have some photos? Please help... I really love my car and want to get the most out of it by adding some nice extras. I saw some pictures online and liked the look of it as the kit perfectly matches the blue background color of the odometer and all... thank you in advance...
Yes, the price is very attractive. I actually ordered mine a while ago and I intend to install it as soon as I get a free weekend.

It is not very difficult to install provided that you have done similar stuff in the past. It is required for us to properly remove several dashboard trim items, drill, and install switches and wiring harnesses. Of course, it is in your interest to do a professional job so that Honda has nothing to scrutinize in case you ever make a warranty claim.

While this is not rocket science and the kit comes with good directions on how to do the work, I also know that it is best for some do-it-Yourselfers NOT to do it at all -as they can really mess things up.

Cheers.

MSantos

Old 08-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Just a warning: you'll lose the cubbyhole on the left side of the dash, below the vent. That gets taken up by the on/off switch for the lights. That's why I didn't get it.

Old 08-02-2006, 05:05 PM
Enthusiast

Can you guys post some pictures? Do you know a good dealer in southern caifornia that can do the installation professionally? I do not trust my dealer as they already took advantage of me on the pricing! I paid more than $30,000 for my Navi 06' Hybrid without any accessories on it... Thank you guys in advance, you are being very helpful...

Old 08-03-2006, 08:00 PM
Z71
Enthusiast

My dealer installed it for $190 including cost of part. Adds a nice touch to the car but not worth paying $300-$400 for.
Rick

Old 08-03-2006, 08:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Tigerhonaker has these in his HCH 2 and is absolutely, stunningly beautiful.
You notice them the moment the door is open, like a gentle blue rain falling down from underneath the dash.
Sometime I am going to make some and put them in my '04.
-Steve

Old 08-04-2006, 02:17 AM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST
Thumbs down Re: Interior Bue LED Illumination Kit...

The HCH II interior lights do not come on when you open the door . I was surprised and disappointed by this. They come on when you have the switch turned on and the headlights on. Soo. - they stay on. I like the look of them BUT I would rather have them work like a courtesy light when you open the car door.

Old 08-04-2006, 06:18 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I am sure you can wire these that way. Another way of doing this is doing a custom job. You can get leds and just install them yourself. I think street glow makes some. You just have to figure out how to flood the beam pattern instead of being a direct dot.

Old 08-04-2006, 06:52 AM
Active Enthusiast

Will someone post pics of what they look like?

Quick Reply: Interior Bue LED Illumination Kit...

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands