HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

iPod question and the 07 model

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: iPod question and the 07 model

Originally Posted by kristian
Edit: Lunch hour so I have more time--the part number for that cable is: 42-2497 and if they had it at our little Radio Shack in the mall, they should have it in all stores.
Thanks! I'll go get myself one this weekend.

Has anybody noticed a high pitched squeak coming from the stereo while using the Belkin adapter? It seems to happen only when I brake. Turning the gain up or down on the actual device doesn't seem to matter. I probably wouldn't notice if I was listening to music, but it's pretty loud when I leave the radio set to AUX with nothing playing, or if I'm listening to an all talk podcast.

Last edited by Dargo; 01-05-2007 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: iPod question and the 07 model

Originally Posted by Dargo
Thanks! I'll go get myself one this weekend.

Has anybody noticed a high pitched squeak coming from the stereo while using the Belkin adapter? It seems to happen only when I brake. Turning the gain up or down on the actual device doesn't seem to matter. I probably wouldn't notice if I was listening to music, but it's pretty loud when I leave the radio set to AUX with nothing playing, or if I'm listening to an all talk podcast.
That sounds like ground loop noise and it probably happens when braking because that is when the ICE is charging the batteries the most. You could get rid of that with a ground loop isolator (which you can also buy at Radio Shack) but that will cause problems with your Belkin. I've tried using the Radio Shack GLI and the PAC GLI and both of them caused the Belkin's amp to overheat and cut out every few seconds if you are using more than about an 1/8 of a turn on the Belkin volume control.