HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Max MPG?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Enthusiast
Default Max MPG?

I have my 07 HCH for almost 2 weeks. I have been doing some experiments with it. I am sure you all understand.

I was heading to the home store today which has a large hill. 1 mile uphill to the top then another mile downhill. I decided to reset one of the trip meters at the top of the hill and see how high I can get coming down the other side. It appears that 150.0 MPG is the highest I could get. I coasted down the hill 55-60 MPG. I was adjusting the regen rate and 150.0 seems to be max.

Is this the maximum which the civic supports for the MPG display?

The trip back showed the same effect.

I don't think this is any problem. Just an observation of the HCH system.

Jim

Old 04-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Max MPG?

Yes, it's the max that the display will do. It is still getting infinite MPG. I believe it actually tracks gas per mile, rather than the other way around, and if they didn't limit the display, you'd end up with divide by 0 errors, and that's not good.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Great Mileage and Green

Nope, it's no problem, they just had to put a max reading in there to avoid dealing with infinite if coasting under power of the electric motor. Make's one wish they could get 150 MPG. I've had mine since March 16th, and I'm not quite one-third there.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by Hoish
I have my 07 HCH for almost 2 weeks. I have been doing some experiments with it. I am sure you all understand.

I was heading to the home store today which has a large hill. 1 mile uphill to the top then another mile downhill. I decided to reset one of the trip meters at the top of the hill and see how high I can get coming down the other side. It appears that 150.0 MPG is the highest I could get. I coasted down the hill 55-60 MPG. I was adjusting the regen rate and 150.0 seems to be max.

Is this the maximum which the civic supports for the MPG display?

The trip back showed the same effect.

I don't think this is any problem. Just an observation of the HCH system.

Jim
If you want to go beyond the limitation of the 150mpg display then you should perhaps try the metric display setting. It will continue to display meaningful values beyond the 150mpg limit that the US display provides.

The best mileage I measured so far was 1liter /100km which is roughly 235MPG. Others have managed better.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 04-05-2007, 11:55 PM
Enthusiast

Good idea MSantos. Thanks. I will give that a try.