HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

MY HCHII continues to amaze and please

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: MY HCHII continues to amaze and please

yeah, I am not a hypermiler so cleanmpg does not excite me. But I tried some of the tips and they work and i guess i could get used to the stuff. my problem is that my wife does not care about driving the car well and that screws up everything for me. Oh yeah, I'm lazy too and the gas is not that expensive. if the gas price hits the roof again then I will hang around cleanmpg.
I also tried the highway mode trick and I did get 65+ MPG at 60 MPH but after a couple of trips like that I found it too tiring.

ks

Old 01-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Actually Gary, the wipers do that in any mode, also in intermintent (sp) at the highest speed they go into low when moving then back to int. when stopped...I think it works the same way as the speed sensenitive radio volume.
They will also give a sweep when you let off the brake.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:52 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default On another note

My HCHII just turned 60,000 miles. I spent 2 hours doing the 60K maintenance which is a B123, and was quite pleased to see that everything is quite normal. The tires have 30,000 miles on them and still have half their tread, I burned no oil, and the CVT fluid was still quite clear looking. I did defer to my dealer to have the 3 year brake fluid flush done, as flushing the fluid on these cars is somewhat of a pain. This is something I don't mind paying $100 for.

My HCHII still continues to please and be a reliable workhorse.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: On another note

Originally Posted by Orient Express
My HCHII just turned 60,000 miles... The tires have 30,000 miles on them and still have half their tread...
The original set of tires lasted only 30K miles, or you decided to upgrade early?

Old 01-16-2010, 02:51 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

The original Dunlops lasted 30K. They were almost to the wear bars when they were replaced.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

I did defer to my dealer to have the 3 year brake fluid flush done, as flushing the fluid on these cars is somewhat of a pain. This is something I don't mind paying $100 for.
Thanks for the post...It made me realize that I need to take mine in and have the brake fluid changed!

Jess

Old 01-16-2010, 06:16 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Getting the brake fluid changed on the 22nd. for $71.00. First time I have got something for less in Canada. Maybe there is hope for this country yet?

Old 01-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Über Lord of Hypermillia

I forgot to mention, be sure to replace your wiper blade inserts at least every 3 years. The inserts are like wet noodles and somewhat of a challenge to wrangle them in the arms, but well worth the effort.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:00 PM
Über Lord of Hypermillia
Default Re: MY HCHII oil change results

I just received back the 60K oil analysis on the HCHII and I'd like to share it with you. it looks like over time the engine continues to have excellent wear and no issues what so ever. As you know, I generally ignore the maintenance minder, and stick to 10K service intervals. So far this has proven to be a safe and economical route. I recommend this to all of my fellow HCHII owners.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Flying cars for ever...

Hey guys, you have some good deals on car prices. I guess we pay more with import duty here in Scotland as going by Steve's figure of 23k for everything he has that is $6240 less than I paid and I didn't take the Sat Nav (don't need it coz I know my way around my small country) and no bluetooth yet. I have the ivory leather, which we both love. We think it really suits the Royal Blue Pearlescent paintjob. We used to have Dunlops (originals) and have swapped for Nokians for the better winter/wet weather grip and if anything the Nokians a little noisier but, they are still hard, not done many miles with them yet. We have done a very pleasant 26,000 miles in around 22 months and if the Nokians wear in well they should be quite quiet, can't say we really notice the road noise. I love to drive around town in this car, it is soooo... quiet. Yes I noticed the wiper thing pretty soon as well, it rains quite frequently over here but, often for short spells. I haven't heard of any other car doing this so, well done Honda.

Quick Reply: MY HCHII continues to amaze and please

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands