HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

NAVI issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: NAVI issue

Does anyone have a problem of closing the NAVI while having the PC card in? I can't close the NAVI with my pc card in. I have the 6 in 1 reader.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shannieb77
Does anyone have a problem of closing the NAVI while having the PC card in? I can't close the NAVI with my pc card in. I have the 6 in 1 reader.
Actually, this same thing happened to me last week. I have one "good" SD card which my navi normally likes... but it didn't like it this time! At first the door wouldn't close (stayed open with the "do not use as a drink holder" graphic message. I pulled the card out and reseated the SD card in the pcmcia reader. Reinserted it, got the screen to close and it played the first note of the first song, then froze.

I can no longer play anything with the PC reader in the car (all works fine on my laptop, though!). I just need to invest in a new card reader and a good CF media card. Just not a priority right now, since I can play most of my mp3's on a CD I burned.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I too have seen other issues on here with the 6-in-1 readers so just stick with a standard (and much cheaper) PCMCIA card for a laptop and use a CF card. I don't know if a CF card that holds an SD/MiniSD card has issues but the CF cards are so darn cheap and you only need a 1 GB max as the car has a limit of 999 songs on it anyway. Also, I think it has to be in FAT32 formatting and not NTFS but don't know if that causes issues.

As far as the Nav voice command issue - I have found that ejecting the Nav DVD and reinserting it is sort of a "reboot" that solves many issues. When I bought the car it took 10 minutes to pull up the Address search feature or "find nearest hotel" feature. After ejecting the DVD and inserting the Nav worked flawlessly.