HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Oil Change Price Increase

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 08:10 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Oil Change Price Increase

Holy Cow! Is that because of the "special" 0-20w or because it's a hybrid? Or is that the standard cost in your neck of the woods?

Changing my own oil again is a bit of a PITA, but I decided it was worth it from a "control" perspective. Now I see it's also worth it from a $$ perspective!

Old 05-30-2008, 08:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

I was bored, so, I called the local Honda dealership. Looks like they want $47.69 at Brookdale Honda in MN.

Old 06-01-2008, 04:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr. Kite
GREAT link! Thanks!! One question - will ramps to lift car for easier access work in lieu of jacks and jack stands? Or is the HCH too low to go up ramps? TIA

Old 06-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GardenWeasel
GREAT link! Thanks!! One question - will ramps to lift car for easier access work in lieu of jacks and jack stands? Or is the HCH too low to go up ramps? TIA
I have these ramps mentioned here:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...er-auto-14352/

I got my Civic up on them, but I slipped a little bit doing it. (I think I just didn't give it enough gas to get all the way up and gassed it again after sliding down.) That can do some damage to the ramps--it melts them a bit. Anyway, after I got it up, I decided I was too lazy to do it. I took it to my local Honda dealership (Go Honda in Westminster, CO). I supplied the 0W-20 Mobil 1 Synthetic and a PureONE oil filter. I just pulled the receipt to check and I was charged $16.75. (I had to go in anyway for some recall work.) That was in January of this year.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr. Kite
I have these ramps mentioned here:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...er-auto-14352/

I got my Civic up on them, but I slipped a little bit doing it. (I think I just didn't give it enough gas to get all the way up and gassed it again after sliding down.) That can do some damage to the ramps--it melts them a bit. Anyway, after I got it up, I decided I was too lazy to do it. I took it to my local Honda dealership (Go Honda in Westminster, CO). I supplied the 0W-20 Mobil 1 Synthetic and a PureONE oil filter. I just pulled the receipt to check and I was charged $16.75. (I had to go in anyway for some recall work.) That was in January of this year.
Much thanks! Mine that I've been using for many years with my other Hondas appear identical to those in the link. I've due my first oil change in the HCH soon. You 'done good' at your dealer!

Old 06-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

My local Honda dealer in PA wants $48 for the change with oil & filter.
I use the good old fashion steel car ramps for my oil changes. Even when I have had a vehicle that I wasn't sure about driving up on them I just use my floor jack to raise it and slip them under the wheels. I have stands also but I never really like using them if I don't have to.

Haven't done an oil change in the HCH yet, only got it two months ago & the dealer had just changed it. So will be interesting to change the HCH. I can't imagine the undercover being that bad to remove. Luckily some of the stores in my area finally started carrying the Mobil 1 0W-20 Advanced Fuel Economy. I know some people have had trouble finding it and I had great luck using their product locater on their website.

Last edited by HemiSync; 06-03-2008 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Added link for Mobil product locater
Old 06-11-2008, 09:41 AM
Enthusiast

Had it done yesterday for $75 at a Tires Plus around the corner that I have been going to for years. That might be the last time I go.

They told me they ordered 4 quarts but I see in the D-I-Y link that only 3 are needed. Who is correct?

Old 06-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bishop
Had it done yesterday for $75 at a Tires Plus around the corner that I have been going to for years. That might be the last time I go.

They told me they ordered 4 quarts but I see in the D-I-Y link that only 3 are needed. Who is correct?
3.4 US qt including filter, most people use three because it brings it up to halfway between the two marks and insures that it is not overfilled. Your Tires Plus owes you at least half a quart and about $30 for overcharging you.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

My dealer typically uses about 3.5 quarts of oil that I bring in, but this last time they put 4qts. I was a little upset but decided it would be okay. It filled right to the full mark nd haven't noticed a difference in performance. Next time, though, I will give them only 3.5 quarts to put in. My dealer charged around $23.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

Ramps not necessary. Just undo the 4 fasteners at the front of the plastic cover and the front will drop down giving easy access to the filter.

Use your oil extractor to remove the oil from above.

I finished in about 15 minutes...and this was the first change. Next time should be about 5.

Quick Reply: Oil Change Price Increase

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands