HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Oil Changes to the HCH II

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Oil Changes to the HCH II

disposing of the oil is easy. There is a big recycling spot about .5 miles from my house at the corner of a major intersection that I drive through everyday. You could also take it to a service center and they will recycle it for you as well. I would prefer to do the oil changes by myself, as I can't usually get the car to the dealer to get the work done as I am at work all day and would have to find someone to take me to the dealer. Plus, it gives me a better way to spend my day off, than having to go to the dealer.

Such is life, I'll just keep a lookout for the oil when I go to the store and if worse comes to worse, put the 10w30 in it during the warmer months.

I did just purchase a K&N Air Filter for the car from JC Whitney. I will have to keep an eye on FE to see if that makes a difference.

Old 12-24-2007, 06:11 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Sorry guys but my dealer is charging $30.00 for maintenance with oil change.

For you all that need or want or whatever, I will be using the dealer. All of my cars have gone to dealers and life is a lot easier when something goes wrong with it.

Thanks

Old 12-29-2007, 11:08 PM
Happy Camper Enthusiast

Where to get Mobil 1 0W-20? I can never find it in stores around here, so I just order it from AutoBarn. Works fine.

Disposing of used oil? No auto-parts store in the country is without a recycle tank for used oil now. And you don't have to have bought new oil from them. Just walk in with the pan of old and dump away.

Why would I let a dealer who doesn't even know when my car is due for an oil change, change my oil? I've *never* heard a straight story from a Honda dealer -- or seen any posted on this board -- about first oil change. No matter what the owners manual or maintenance minder says, they all still just say "3000 miles."

And I'm going to let that work on my car? No thanks. For major warranty work, sure -- I don't think I want anyone *but* a Honda dealer messing with the IMA or unbolting anything major. But that's simply because I want to be able to hold them responsible for any shoddy work, and because as much as I worry about their lack of knowledge of their own car, I'm *certain* no third party is going to understand the thing.

But, no, not for simple stuff. I at least will take the trouble to get the factory recommended weight oil. The dealer, as numerous posts to this board attach, might not.

--doug

Old 01-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Enthusiast

Anyone have the Mobil1 filter number...finally found 0w20 at Advanced auto parts (Tallahassee FL) but one else had it and several had never heard of 0w20... however, Advance could not look up the oil filter number as theer computer said check the latest printout...but they only had up to 2006...go figure...thanks

Old 01-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Wo ai Zheng!

M1-110