HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Please help with Autobahnd Roadblock!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 04:20 AM
Enthusiast
Exclamation Please help with Autobahnd Roadblock!

I need your help guys!

The Autobahnd representatives and Honda's toy shop tell me that the jagged cuts on my Roadblock are factory.

They tell me that peeling does not occur until I can pull the roadblock up with two fingers. Essentially, small peeling is not "warrantable".

I need photos of anyone else's Roadblock, especially on the parts around the headlight and the bumper towards the bottom grill where it curves.

I was told that my Roadblock looks just like everyone else's but they could not show me this.

Thank you so much!

Old 03-05-2007, 07:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Please help with Autobahnd Roadblock!

What is Honda's toy shop? (Do you mean a Honda Dealer?)

Maybe you can post a sample pic of your jagged cuts, or exactly what you want us to photograph.
(A picture's worth a thousand words, they say.)

Last edited by kenny; 03-05-2007 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Enthusiast

Honda's Toy Shop is the section that sells the kits, the wheels, navi etc for your honda.

WWW.Roadblockofflorida.com

www.autobahndint.com

I have the 3M material on my car to protect form rocks, bugs and abrasion. They have cut it and it looks bad, i wanted to see if other people had the product on their car, and if it looks the same as mine in key areas.

Name:  Bottomgrill.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  32.0 KB
Name:  driverheadlight.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  29.4 KB
Name:  Passengermirror.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  23.0 KB

areas like that...

thanks for your help

Old 03-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Thanks for pics.

Oh, so this must be an aftermarket product.
I still don't understand what you are calling the Toy shop. - Is it the part of the Honda dealer that sells parts? or is it another company that is actually named Honda Toy Shop?

Sorry, My HCH is stock only.

If those are the outlines of the film they really did a bad job of cutting it.
I'd complain very loudly if I had paid money for that.

I think they should pay to remove and replace it with something that doesn't doesn't suck.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Enthusiast

Yea the "Toy Shop" is the title given to the shop in Honda itself. They are right in the showroom and they are who you talk to when you add genuine honda approved products to your car, such as spoilers or tint etc. They are with Honda, not just called "Honda Toy Shop" they are IN Honda, and are titled "Toy Shop" I hope that helps...

This film is sold for our cars for $595
I bought it for $495 as a part of the package to buy the car itself.
They did a very bad job of cutting the material and now are trying to tell me that it is "factory"

Old 03-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Energy Independence

I do not have any 3M "clear bra" stuff installed, but that's a pathetic job. I could've done better - drunk! I'd complain and make 'em remove it. Then I'd take it somewhere competent. In fact, try finding another place that does this kind of work, and show them (objectively). See what they think about it. Ammunition.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:35 AM
Enthusiast

I had taken it back to Honda to have it looked at, and according to the manager, the VP of Roadblock of Florida looked at my car and didnt see anything wrong with it. ridiculous.

I dont really want to have to pay again to have it done. So I need someone there to open their eyes and see that it looks terrible

Old 03-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Energy Independence

Question - who actually did the job? Was it a Honda or a Roadblock employee?
IF it was a Honda employee, I'd seek another opinion from another Honda dealership, if possible. Maybe this new dealership would be willing to actually call Roadblock of FL and have them come out and take a look. Then, Roadblock should be embarassed as hell that a dealership did such a poor job. They should then bend over backwards to correct the problem so as to not tarnish their (hopefully stellar) reputation, and they shoudl deal with the Honda dealership poor install on their own. If they (Roadblock) still don't offer to make it right, you have small-claims court, I guess.

If it was a Roadblock employee, I'd try to contact Roadblock directly. Set up an appointment with them to take a look at it. Again, Roadblock should WANT to make it right. IF they don't... small claims-court.

Keep in mind I rarely have success in these kinds of things. I often give up and just "live with it". My blood pressure sometimes needs a break

Old 03-08-2007, 12:34 AM
F**k ExxonMobil

or you could put up a webpage showing how bad their work is.

Old 03-08-2007, 01:18 AM
Enthusiast

wow! that is a very bad clear bra installation. it looks like they cut the clear bra while installing it. the best ones are already pre-cut to the specs of your car. even the pre-cut ones on ebay look better!

Quick Reply: Please help with Autobahnd Roadblock!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands