HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Please help with Autobahnd Roadblock!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 05:18 AM
Eco Accelerometrist
Default Re: Please help with Autobahnd Roadblock!

Geesh, I had a look at the pictures and I cannot help but to think of the job they did as extremely sloppy. It is almost heart breaking to have the front of the car looking like that. I would rather have the car without the film because at least I can wax and seal the paint's surface.

I think the previous posters have some pretty good recommendations worth considering.
...as some have stated, I would document the poor application of the product with good photos and video then I would have them remove and re-apply it for free. If they are not willing to do it then sue them in small claims. If you make a good case then use the "victory" money to have the whole thing re-done elsewhere.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 04-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Enthusiast

Jeesh!! Doesn't look like they put too much pride into their work! It's unfortunate that you have to deal with a company that doesn't care about you or the services they offer......nothing makes me angrier than wanting to enjoy the simple pleasures in life and having some ingnorant fools rip it away from you due to laziness. Scumbags!!!

Sounds like the type of group that will only satisfy you if you demand, point, speak loudly and refuse anything less than what you want. Sucks being forced to do it!

I guess the brightspot is that anyone who reads your post will probably avoid these folks!

Good Luck!

Old 04-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I agree, terrible job.

Old 04-13-2007, 07:36 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sorsha
Yea the "Toy Shop" is the title given to the shop in Honda itself. They are right in the showroom and they are who you talk to when you add genuine honda approved products to your car, such as spoilers or tint etc. They are with Honda, not just called "Honda Toy Shop" they are IN Honda, and are titled "Toy Shop" I hope that helps...

This film is sold for our cars for $595
I bought it for $495 as a part of the package to buy the car itself.
They did a very bad job of cutting the material and now are trying to tell me that it is "factory"
Is Roadblock a certified 3M installer. If so you can contact 3M directly. 3M will warranties their product if done by one of their certified installers for 5 years. The warranty doesn't necessarily cover misapplication, BUT if the install is a hack job you maybe able to get 3M to put pressure on the installer since they were certified by 3M.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...s/#maintenance

Old 04-13-2007, 08:07 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I just had anther idea. I looked at the 3M website for Roadblock or Autobahn, and neither appeared to be a certified installer. You may want to take you vehicle to a certified installer and see if you can't get them to give you a letter with their professional opinion of the installation. Then take the letter back to your dealer and ask them to correct the problem or refund the money.

If they still refuse I would send a copy of the letter along with a complaint to the BBB and you State Consumer Advocacy Office explaining the issue and the lack of response from the installer to correct it. You might be suprised how getting a third party like BBB involved, when you have documentation from a third party, can help.

Old 04-14-2007, 11:03 PM
Great Mileage and Green

By all means complain and be loud and obnoxious about it, both to the Honda dealership and Roadblock. I had my new 2007 clear bra'd by Auto Armour in Boulder, Colorado, and they did an excellent job of it, so much so that I had them do the entire front bumper as well. There is no reason to accept anything less than the best when you pay $495 or any decent sum of money. I paid $399 for door handles, hood and added the front bumper for $250.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:20 AM
Active Enthusiast

It seems to me bras do as much damage as they could ever prevent, from what I've seen. So count me in as anti-bra, on cars, or anything else