HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Problem?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 05:14 PM
Enthusiast
Exclamation Problem?!?!

I was driving today, and all of a sudden once I came to stop, at a redlight, all my battery bars disappeared and my idle revs jumped to 1500. Then, ione battery bar came blinked back on. When I went to accelerate, the revs climbed, but the car did not accelerate very well. I had to floor it to climb to an adequate speed in traffic, the car did not want. Also along with it, I lost three bars of fuel?? What happened. I went from six battery bars to none. IT was around 90 today, but I was driving the car all day. Any ideas?!?!

Old 04-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Eco Accelerometrist
Default Re: Problem?!?!

Very unusual I may add. I would suggest you visit your dealer and with any luck they'll find a code or two.

Did the SoC remain depleted or did it return to more than 4 bars?
Did the assist return? How about Regen functions? Did it continue to autostop at the following stops or red lights?

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 04-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

Isn't this similar to a forced regen?

Old 04-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

I had something similar happen (6 bars down to 2, didn't lose any fuel bars) but it was winter and I was only on the road for 2 minutes. Your situation sounds really odd. I'd definitely take it to the dealer if it happens again.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

I've had a similar experience and I always assumed that it was the IMA battery recalibrating. (I believe that the battery recalibrating process is described in the owner's manual, if you are not familiar with it.)

Old 04-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Eco Accelerometrist

The symptoms he referred to, appear to go beyond that of a mere recalibration routine.

MSantos

Old 05-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Enthusiast

My battery bars staid at one, and then went to 2. My idle rpm was a little over 1000. During this, the light turned green and I went to accelerate, the rpms climbed, but the car did not want to accelerate, I was flooring it for what seemed about 30-40 seconds to get the car to 23 mph. Hope this helps.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Is the car back to normal at present? Did you take it in for inspection?

Old 05-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harold
Is the car back to normal at present? Did you take it in for inspection?
The car is running normally right now. I have not had a chance to take it in. But my screen keeps flashing check fuel cap, and the fuel cap is on properly, so I will have to take it in soon.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

Meh, that fuel cap thing can take a few days to clear.

Quick Reply: Problem?!?!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands